User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 1,001 to 1,013 of 1013

Thread: Lube your chain

  1. #1001
    ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tampines st 83
    Posts
    1,963
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default



    check your chain tension regularly.. after it is retensioned and a week or 2 riding....if the tension is bad again
    it is really very bad...basket case already.

    conventional wisdom..a chain can only be retension 3 times.

    anyway..check for chain wear...pull chain away from the rear sprockect ..if it can move ..3mm is my std for chain replacement...
    if its more...accident going to happen if chain breaks.
    i love my ezzyoiler
    experience the miracle...
    where chain cleaning is history...
    call 91797182..

  2. #1002
    suchwow
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    122
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Talking bout chain tension.. It's pretty difficult to check if the chain tension is good enough currently. Though I know it should only be a few mm diff, I'm still worried if I'm checking properly or not.

    Are there any other tips on how to check chain tension etc? If it's needed to be tightened blablabla.. Sometimes, I just don't trust my mech lol!

     

     
  3. #1003
    ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tampines st 83
    Posts
    1,963
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    call me...bring all your tools..haha...
    take notei single swing arm type bikes..go to your mech.
    i love my ezzyoiler
    experience the miracle...
    where chain cleaning is history...
    call 91797182..

  4. #1004
    ddjh9
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for sharing

  5. #1005
    tokillmob
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The OP mention that O rings chain just lube, and didn't say anything about cleaning, and he recommended PJ1 Blue Label Chain Lube. Reviews in overseas says that it's a good lube that sticks to the chain and with minimum splash, but in SG reviews, it's an uncommon choice as it splashes alot, anyone tried it before ? What about ipone or maxima lube, the wax ones, are those good ?
    2014 - current Kawasaki KLX 125

  6. #1006
    HaiR1
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lion City
    Posts
    4,796
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokillmob View Post
    The OP mention that O rings chain just lube, and didn't say anything about cleaning, and he recommended PJ1 Blue Label Chain Lube. Reviews in overseas says that it's a good lube that sticks to the chain and with minimum splash, but in SG reviews, it's an uncommon choice as it splashes alot, anyone tried it before ? What about ipone or maxima lube, the wax ones, are those good ?


    iPone Sand Chain spray is good

  7. #1007
    tokillmob
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaiR1 View Post
    iPone Sand Chain spray is good
    Alright, will probably buy that, what about cleaning, does O ring chains need cleaning ? Cause the mechanic i go to, say it doesn't need cleaning, just lube per week will do
    2014 - current Kawasaki KLX 125

  8. #1008
    HaiR1
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lion City
    Posts
    4,796
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokillmob View Post
    Alright, will probably buy that, what about cleaning, does O ring chains need cleaning ? Cause the mechanic i go to, say it doesn't need cleaning, just lube per week will do



    I doubt spray chain type will cause much mess as compared to using oil to lube your chain


    If u need to clean, kerosene is better

  9. #1009
    ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tampines st 83
    Posts
    1,963
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokillmob View Post
    Alright, will probably buy that, what about cleaning, does O ring chains need cleaning ? Cause the mechanic i go to, say it doesn't need cleaning, just lube per week will do
    chain cleaning?? of course needed if you want your chains to have max life and tip top conditions...
    but alas somehow bikers do lube but most forget about the cleaning part..
    if you just lube with the greasy spray wax as most do...and not clean the chains at regular intervals..
    the chains will pick up all sorts of nasty road grimes..these are the stuff that will destroy your chains.
    as the spray wax is very sticky..
    the chains are expected to be relubed every 500km..others may think that 1 lube can last till the next oil change..they are misinformed or just a bad practice..
    so u see cleaning is a must if you expect your bike to have excellent performance ...and chains to last as long as possible..

    chains maintenace will be one of the more impotant task to be done regularly..
    use a chain oiler if you dont want to mess around with waxes and cleaning schdule...as the chain oiler will clean and lube your chains evry time u ride...
    i love my ezzyoiler
    experience the miracle...
    where chain cleaning is history...
    call 91797182..

  10. #1010
    tokillmob
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bought s100 chain clean and lube, gonna try it
    2014 - current Kawasaki KLX 125

  11. #1011
    skytng
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    227
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ezzyoiler View Post
    chain cleaning?? of course needed if you want your chains to have max life and tip top conditions...
    but alas somehow bikers do lube but most forget about the cleaning part..
    if you just lube with the greasy spray wax as most do...and not clean the chains at regular intervals..
    the chains will pick up all sorts of nasty road grimes..these are the stuff that will destroy your chains.
    as the spray wax is very sticky..
    the chains are expected to be relubed every 500km..others may think that 1 lube can last till the next oil change..they are misinformed or just a bad practice..
    so u see cleaning is a must if you expect your bike to have excellent performance ...and chains to last as long as possible..

    chains maintenace will be one of the more impotant task to be done regularly..
    use a chain oiler if you dont want to mess around with waxes and cleaning schdule...as the chain oiler will clean and lube your chains evry time u ride...
    like what he said, chain has to be cleaned, there's no version of chain that requires no cleaning, it will eventually pick up dirt and carbon and turn black, there's no rule of thumb as to when to clean chain, but if you look at your chain and think it's black and dirty, then it's time to clean it

     

     
  12. #1012
    tokillmob
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skytng View Post
    like what he said, chain has to be cleaned, there's no version of chain that requires no cleaning, it will eventually pick up dirt and carbon and turn black, there's no rule of thumb as to when to clean chain, but if you look at your chain and think it's black and dirty, then it's time to clean it
    For me, it doesn't look black and dirty, but i can feel there's a drag, then i will just do a clean and lube
    2014 - current Kawasaki KLX 125

  13. #1013
    HeyApple
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    always clean and dry then lube

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •