Ruusty
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Zero SR electric motorcycle??

Sorry if this is a double post or someone has already posted about this in the forum already. But I just heard of this bike called Zero SR.

Some people were saying torque sounds can save their lives though on the road, as this bike doesn't have engine sound. Looks and rides pretty cool though.
    Saw this bike while watching Dan's vid. Link -> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWkj3eyt1Vk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in singapore, i wont be holding my breath . it would probably take another 50 years before we get a proper electric motorcycle
    Last edited by MR BIKER; 15-02-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Ruusty
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one.

reize
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruusty View Post

Another one.

Lighting LS-218 is not publically available anywhere yet. It is only for sale to certain racing teams and select people. You can make a reservation, but I think you'll see your next 3 generations by the time they come out.
    Check out my Website! : www.reizeprimus.tk

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or maybe emigrate to US

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even for conventional petrol driven vehicles, singapore is considered a small market.

and then for fully electric vehicles, even globally the sales struggle. even in europe you cant find abundant charging stations.

so when you factor in the already small market of singapore, simple reality is if no vehicle retailer thinks can make significant money from it, nobody will send it to LTA for testing and then import and sell. and these retailers are the ones who will always say "LTA not approved" when asked. if nobody send it in for testing how to approve?

consider that rich guy who imported a Tesla all by himself into Singapore. the vehicle was approved. yes it took several months, because LTA had never tested such vehicles before. and then the argument about tax rebate also beside the point. it was approved. but no retailer brought the Tesla in because they dont think enough Singaporeans will buy. its got nothing to do with LTA.

how many singaporeans want to buy an all-electric motorcycle? in HDB, how to charge? even if removable battery, you want to lug that battery up your flat everyday to charge overnight? and if run out of juice during your journey how? but these questions are not unique to Singapore.

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very insightful Mechwira. thanks

faridhisham
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mechwira View Post
    even for conventional petrol driven vehicles, singapore is considered a small market.

and then for fully electric vehicles, even globally the sales struggle. even in europe you cant find abundant charging stations.

so when you factor in the already small market of singapore, simple reality is if no vehicle retailer thinks can make significant money from it, nobody will send it to LTA for testing and then import and sell. and these retailers are the ones who will always say "LTA not approved" when asked. if nobody send it in for testing how to approve?

consider that rich guy who imported a Tesla all by himself into Singapore. the vehicle was approved. yes it took several months, because LTA had never tested such vehicles before. and then the argument about tax rebate also beside the point. it was approved. but no retailer brought the Tesla in because they dont think enough Singaporeans will buy. its got nothing to do with LTA.

how many singaporeans want to buy an all-electric motorcycle? in HDB, how to charge? even if removable battery, you want to lug that battery up your flat everyday to charge overnight? and if run out of juice during your journey how? but these questions are not unique to Singapore.
    The problem in europe is that it is too big to place charging stations strategically for the electric vehicles. But singapore is small enough to place these charging stations around the country. And since these electric vehicles are environmentally friendly, it should be an encouraged way of commuting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

rocka
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe one day MultiStorey car parks need to have built in EUV parking slots just as it has lifts nowadays. MSCPs have almost no need for lifts 10 years before. Less cars? Perhaps. When the demand is there, the supply must follow. We will have sufficient EV demand come 5-10 years from now. Hope we have more importers.

Be Enviro-Friendly, Recycle Ur Unburnt Fuel. 4 Strokes R Cleanr.