User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Matte paint work anyone?

  1. #1
    jims
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North-East, Singapore
    Posts
    908
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Matte paint work anyone?



    Hello! Just got my first satin black bike!
    Anyone has any recommendations on how to maintain a matte paint work?

    Could find my active resources online for matte vehicles.
    Any help is much appreciated! 😁😁



  2. #2
    jims
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North-East, Singapore
    Posts
    908
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone knows??



     

     
  3. #3
    lkm
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    369
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No personal experience. But I'd probably try using those detailing product for flat black / bumper care. Adds a slight sheen while bringing out the black.

  4. #4
    Tachnicolour
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Tachnicolour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    570
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whatever you do, do not use any wax or anything with wax components. I use meguiar's nxt car wash. 2 buckets, good microfiber cloth. One for sudsy soap, one for clean water to rinse out dirty cloth so I don't double dip and contaminate the soap with grime from a dirty cloth. Don't want to pick up swirls / scratches. On a glossy finish you can Polish out tiny swirls, not on matte.

    Then pat dry before applying meguiar's ultimate quik detailer. Do not use the quik wax.

    There are tons of threads, lots of information on Google.

  5. #5
    jims
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North-East, Singapore
    Posts
    908
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tachnicolour View Post
    Whatever you do, do not use any wax or anything with wax components. I use meguiar's nxt car wash. 2 buckets, good microfiber cloth. One for sudsy soap, one for clean water to rinse out dirty cloth so I don't double dip and contaminate the soap with grime from a dirty cloth. Don't want to pick up swirls / scratches. On a glossy finish you can Polish out tiny swirls, not on matte.

    Then pat dry before applying meguiar's ultimate quik detailer. Do not use the quik wax.

    There are tons of threads, lots of information on Google.
    where can I get meguiar's products?
    I bought this bottle as a quick detailer, correct?




  6. #6
    lkm
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    369
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ever considered this instead?

    image.jpeg

    This product seem to be best for flat black surfaces. The quick detailer is generally used for polished / reflective surfaces.

  7. #7
    lkm
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    369
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another product I use for flat black surfaces is the Armour All Original Protectant. Works superbly on dulled black surfaces.

    Attachment 329114

  8. #8
    jims
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North-East, Singapore
    Posts
    908
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkm View Post
    Another product I use for flat black surfaces is the Armour All Original Protectant. Works superbly on dulled black surfaces.

    Attachment 329114
    bro thanks but can't see your photo thou.



  9. #9
    lkm
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    369
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jims View Post
    bro thanks but can't see your photo thou.
    Not sure why the photo got loss though.... Anyway, you can find Armour All Original Protectant everywhere - NTUC, petrol stations, Giant, Home Fix, etc.

  10. #10
    jims
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North-East, Singapore
    Posts
    908
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkm View Post
    Ever considered this instead?

    image.jpeg

    This product seem to be best for flat black surfaces. The quick detailer is generally used for polished / reflective surfaces.
    saw this the other day.
    probably drop down to buy this too. 👍🏼



  11. #11
    cumified
    has no status.
    TeePee cumified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Simei
    Posts
    1,568
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Btw, where to do up matt paintwork? sticker or paint? which shop is highly recommended and mostly plastic, sportsbike.
    Used to ride: TA200 -02, WR 200DT -94, VXR 200 -04, CB400 Spec 2 -02, GSXR400RN -92, CB 400 Spec 3 -04, VLX 400 -94, DRZ400SM -06, FZ6 S2 -09
    Current bikes : YZF R1 -08

     

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •