User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone that is currently learning 2A or had 2A license?

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone that is currently learning 2A or had 2A license?

Hi guys, I am currently thinking of planning to register for class 2A at BBDC after 1 year of passing 2B which will be after 15 December 2015 which is the day I got my class 2B license. But I have a problem in mind is that I am a lady and my height is only 1.52M and my legs r very short. So need advise if my height is suitable to learn class 2A and what r the height of the 2A bike? Because I worring that my feet can't touch the ground for 2A bike as when I am learning class 2B at BBDC I already took the low cut sit and can't even fully touch the ground still n have to tip toe. Also I fell down quite a number of times due to short legs 😅. So what will be the advise u can give me? Thanks

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Won't be easy but the height is similar to the 2b bikes... so u can do it!
    Liverpool revival has started....

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kzone View Post
    Won't be easy but the height is similar to the 2b bikes... so u can do it!
    I do not know if 2A has low cut sit in BBDC like 2B bikes does. Cos I have been using low cut sit for 2B bike

Genius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you currently riding any bike?

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    Are you currently riding any bike?

Yes, CB125F. But I seldom ride though. In a month maybe ride out 3-4 times....

Genius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you ride your cbf125 got problem or not? haha if not wrong the cbf125 seat is higher than the bbdc cb400.

Genius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry see wrong. ur cb125f should be around the same height as the cb400..

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    sorry see wrong. ur cb125f should be around the same height as the cb400..
    I did cut my seat lower, change the back spring to shorter and lower the front fork a bit...
    If it is original height den I guess it's a bit too tall for me 😅...

smallcar
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice is go to riding center to talk to instructors before u sign up. They are in better position to advise and help. But i saw with my own eyes a small sized girl around your height riding a Kawa Z1000. My jaw drop. At traffic junction i give her a thumbs up. Respect.

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smallcar View Post
    My advice is go to riding center to talk to instructors before u sign up. They are in better position to advise and help. But i saw with my own eyes a small sized girl around your height riding a Kawa Z1000. My jaw drop. At traffic junction i give her a thumbs up. Respect.

Hmm Alrite! Thank u!

pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a poly fren who is 1.50m tall who finished her 2b in three months.....and 9 years ago tha time I remembered she was riding a fazer 600......so if she can.....you can too!
    I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

smallcar
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I got my class 2 and a sport tourer. I stress up as my leg short. hahaha. 1.72m 95kg. One advice from a uncle, " The more u scare the more the bike fall on u" hahahhaha. For a start everytime i put my leg across in my heart i say. Im riding u ! I not scare of u !

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pufferfis View Post
    I got a poly fren who is 1.50m tall who finished her 2b in three months.....and 9 years ago tha time I remembered she was riding a fazer 600......so if she can.....you can too!
    Wa that's pretty fast. But the problem is 2A bike is heavier so when I fall, it's quite hard to carry up the bike. Even for my own bike when I fall I can't even carry up my bike let alone 2A bike 😣😣

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I got my class 2 and a sport tourer. I stress up as my leg short. hahaha. 1.72m 95kg. One advice from a uncle, " The more u scare the more the bike fall on u" hahahhaha. For a start everytime i put my leg across in my heart i say. Im riding u ! I not scare of u !
    That's good. Well done! Thanks for sharing though... But I still kinda worry 😖

rookie517
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

during my time, there was a short ger

she ride a wr200

when she stop, she will slide her butt down to 1 side
    to stand

or put her foot on ppl car tyre. lol
    the good old days...

www.smae.com.sg

smallcar
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    Wa that's pretty fast. But the problem is 2A bike is heavier so when I fall, it's quite hard to carry up the bike. Even for my own bike when I fall I can't even carry up my bike let alone 2A bike ������������
    I learned how to lift up back my 270kg bike from youtube. Go n see how can be done. Proven a 45kg girl can lift a GOLDWING upright back. You are not far from me. I cannot carry up a 2A bike too but i can lift back to upright position when the bike tip over. hehhehehee

dreamer_toons
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lifting a bike to upright is all about technique. If the technique is wrong and under the wrong condition, it is very difficult to lift the bike regardless of the amount of strength used.

I dropped my 10 days old bike at my carpark. The bike was wet after the rain and the concrete floor was wet; I just couldn't lift it and I waited for about 10 mins before another biker returned and helped me.

Shortly, I dropped the same bike again in a crowded Orchard carpark. I lifted up at 1 go coz of the other people 'eye powers', very embarrassing.

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lifting the bike from dropped position requires "butt power", or body weight. For heavy bikes, purely arm power won't work. You have to press your weight from the side of the bike and start pushing the bike up with your legs.

Remember to drop side stand down first if you're pushing from the right side.

Try practising with driving center's bike. Theirs got big crash bars attached, so even easier to push up.

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rookie517 View Post
    during my time, there was a short ger

she ride a wr200

when she stop, she will slide her butt down to 1 side
    to stand

or put her foot on ppl car tyre. lol
    People's car tyre? 😅.. But one main problem is I ever fall when the road surface is tilted to the left. Cos the weight goes to the left and I fall. That was during raining day. In the end I ran towards the bus stop n ask a guy to help me lift up my bike. When the bike is standing I can't even use my left leg to lift to the right leg to stable my bike before I go off. That sucks

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned how to lift up back my 270kg bike from youtube. Go n see how can be done. Proven a 45kg girl can lift a GOLDWING upright back. You are not far from me. I cannot carry up a 2A bike too but i can lift back to upright position when the bike tip over. hehhehehee
    I watched the YouTube video too. The American teaching was to use the butt to sit at the seat, place the hand one at the handle one at the back of the bike and use both legs to lift up. Didn't try that method so far...

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_toons View Post
    Lifting a bike to upright is all about technique. If the technique is wrong and under the wrong condition, it is very difficult to lift the bike regardless of the amount of strength used.

I dropped my 10 days old bike at my carpark. The bike was wet after the rain and the concrete floor was wet; I just couldn't lift it and I waited for about 10 mins before another biker returned and helped me.

Shortly, I dropped the same bike again in a crowded Orchard carpark. I lifted up at 1 go coz of the other people 'eye powers', very embarrassing.
    Is there someone helping u to lift up the bike at orchard? I drop a number of times for my new bike too. In the end I got to buy high base shoe. Only slightly better but doesn't much on it...

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    Lifting the bike from dropped position requires "butt power", or body weight. For heavy bikes, purely arm power won't work. You have to press your weight from the side of the bike and start pushing the bike up with your legs.

Remember to drop side stand down first if you're pushing from the right side.

Try practising with driving center's bike. Theirs got big crash bars attached, so even easier to push up.
    I agree... driving centers has crash bars n easier to lift up. I dunno if I am planning to install crash bar on my bike too...

rookie517
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolipop245, u shld see the way she shift her butt in a quick swift manner b4 the bike come to a complete stop.

tats why i respect her.
    the good old days...

www.smae.com.sg

dreamer_toons
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there someone helping u to lift up the bike at orchard? I drop a number of times for my new bike too. In the end I got to buy high base shoe. Only slightly better but doesn't much on it...
    Unfortunately, none came forward coz it happened too fast. Drivers who were waiting for lots were looking at me and yes, it was their 'eye power' that I muster all my strength and lifted it at 1 go... I was only 1/4 of my bike's weight.

pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_toons View Post
    Unfortunately, none came forward coz it happened too fast. Drivers who were waiting for lots were looking at me and yes, it was their 'eye power' that I muster all my strength and lifted it at 1 go... I was only 1/4 of my bike's weight.
    wow ur only 50kg?.....if ur then u must have mustered the art of the butt pushing up techniques yo!..
    I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolipop245, u shld see the way she shift her butt in a quick swift manner b4 the bike come to a complete stop.

tats why i respect her.
    Ic... But I worry is the road surface that is slanted a bit left. Cos I ever fall down before as the road surface is tilted on the left n not flat surface n I always drop my left leg down for stopping. The weight went too much to the left n I fall. I came home with many blue black on my legs

smallcar
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ic... But I worry is the road surface that is slanted a bit left. Cos I ever fall down before as the road surface is tilted on the left n not flat surface n I always drop my left leg down for stopping. The weight went too much to the left n I fall. I came home with many blue black on my legs
    Hi Lolipop, I felt that you are having some problem n wrong way to pick up you bike. Try to meet up with old bird here and many willing to teach u the way to lift up. Put your left leg down for stopping is correct but when the bike is upright there is not much weight to go to your left till u fall. Before you stop, grab the tank tight with both legs and when complete stop put down your left leg. Try it and let me know.

Im having a 270kg bike. Also use left leg when I stop at traffic lights. I dun felt the total weight of my bike. Sounds funny that you can fall when left leg already on the ground.

rookie517
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes u can "trim" the seat to make it narrower.

oso, b4 the bike stop, u need to scan for a gd spot to stop.
    the good old days...

www.smae.com.sg

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes u can "trim" the seat to make it narrower.

oso, b4 the bike stop, u need to scan for a gd spot to stop.

I only trim to make the seat lower only, never thought of making it narrower. Hmm... Like maybe stop at the 1st lane instead of the last lane (the extreme left)?

rookie517
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, just be safe.
    the good old days...

www.smae.com.sg

Saintjo
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Height is not the issue, how comfy n skill r u on ur bike?if u r very steady on ur bike, 2A no need worry too much

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saintjo View Post
    Height is not the issue, how comfy n skill r u on ur bike?if u r very steady on ur bike, 2A no need worry too much
    Hmm.... I will try bah....

chriszzz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2A bike is a CB400, and it weighs about 200kg. Even guys can't lift it up, so you are in good company. The bike has crash bars, so if you fall, the bars will protect you and you will be OK. Don't worry. Go for it. If you don't try, you won't know. Even if you fail, at least you will have no regrets. But you won't fail, because it's just a bike and you can beat it.

Wa that's pretty fast. But the problem is 2A bike is heavier so when I fall, it's quite hard to carry up the bike. Even for my own bike when I fall I can't even carry up my bike let alone 2A bike ������������

smallcar
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
    The 2A bike is a CB400, and it weighs about 200kg. Even guys can't lift it up, so you are in good company. The bike has crash bars, so if you fall, the bars will protect you and you will be OK. Don't worry. Go for it. If you don't try, you won't know. Even if you fail, at least you will have no regrets. But you won't fail, because it's just a bike and you can beat it.
    Good advice. Remember to bring along a hammer.

degrey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont be afraid of the bike. its all about getting comfy. If during training you lose balance and have to let your right leg down, just let the right foot down. Don't be afraid of the instructors failing you because of right footing and then you fall from the bike. After all if you're still unstable with the bike, you should practice more. If you're good with the low speed control and balancing of the bike, it doesnt matter what is your height.
    YZF R15 V1 - March 2014 to November 2015
    RVF 400 - November 2015 to Present

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post

Even I sit on the tall bike I have to tip toe though. It will fall anytime

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by degrey View Post
    dont be afraid of the bike. its all about getting comfy. If during training you lose balance and have to let your right leg down, just let the right foot down. Don't be afraid of the instructors failing you because of right footing and then you fall from the bike. After all if you're still unstable with the bike, you should practice more. If you're good with the low speed control and balancing of the bike, it doesnt matter what is your height.
    If only I could have a group of 2B bikers to ride with me frequently though. So that I can practice riding more with the group of companies. Once I got the courage maybe I can consider learning 2A.

smallcar
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If only I could have a group of 2B bikers to ride with me frequently though. So that I can practice riding more with the group of companies. Once I got the courage maybe I can consider learning 2A.
    Loli, i would expect alot of riders here dun mind to ride with you. Kopi / prata at night no problem.

konglong
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lolipop245, me also just got my Class 2B 6months ago. me also hope can ride with seniors riding too.

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loli, i would expect alot of riders here dun mind to ride with you. Kopi / prata at night no problem.
    Ya, need to make some biker friends kakis though but I dunno how to find, hehe. But as my own friends there's one, he has a license n has a motorcycle but we wasn't very close so I dun ask him to hang out for dinner or something.

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by konglong View Post
    Hi Lolipop245, me also just got my Class 2B 6months ago. me also hope can ride with seniors riding too.
    Ah I see, u have a motorcycle yet? Where do u stay? I stay at Bishan. Maybe we can ride together someday

konglong
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lolipop245,yes I have own bike. I stay at Aljunied. U have ur own bike too.
    Last edited by konglong; 13-10-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lolipop245,yes I have own bike. I stay at Aljunied. U have ur own bike too.
    I having my own bike too. Maybe one day we ride out for dinner or smth, we r just 20mins away I guess 😂

konglong
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I having my own bike too. Maybe one day we ride out for dinner or smth, we r just 20mins away I guess 😂
    Yes. is very near my place. Lolipop what bike u riding now.

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. is very near my place. Lolipop what bike u riding now.
    Honda cb125f, did mention above before , u?

ticks
    is learning supermoto
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I'm 1.8 but still dropped my Class 2 Bike due to short legs. After that I just learned by experience where best to position my comparatively short legs when coming to a stop at surfaces with different gradients. So maybe it might be the same for u.. Anticipate where u gonna stop and place your foot accordingly.. Nobody's too short to ride!!
    Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

konglong
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I riding VXR200 is old bike, just brought not long ago

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ticks View Post
    Lol I'm 1.8 but still dropped my Class 2 Bike due to short legs. After that I just learned by experience where best to position my comparatively short legs when coming to a stop at surfaces with different gradients. So maybe it might be the same for u.. Anticipate where u gonna stop and place your foot accordingly.. Nobody's too short to ride!!
    U had long body short leg? Mine is 1.5m n my legs r shorter den my body ratio lol, oh well. But the weight will go to one side when the gradient is level to right or left so that is y I fall. I guess when i meet this kind of different level gradient I will drop right leg when the slope is to the left and left leg when is level and the slope to the right. I was riding at mandai 2 months ago traveling to ITE at choa Chu Kang, while entering highway that is towards the zoo that area, there's am slight band that is to the left n the gradient surface level also slanted to the left, so coincident it was red light so I stop n drop my left leg, in the end the weight of my bike go to the left n it's too heavy so my bike drop n I fall as well, in the end I have a big batch of blue black on my left knee n small one below the leg.

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I riding VXR200 is old bike, just brought not long ago
    2nd hand bike? I hope we can meet a bigger group of bikers to ride around hehe, my name is Janice. What's ur name? Nice to meet u though

konglong
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Janice, my name is Jiaming. I have drop u a message. Me too nice to know u.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast