User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 101

Thread: Anyone that is currently learning 2A or had 2A license?

  1. #51
    chriszzz
    has no status.
    Class 2B chriszzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    You can try practising at night even without kakis, after 9pm when the traffic is lighter. Take your bike and ride around your place. Once you are confident, you can head out to the expressway. Ride at a comfortable speed. You don't have to hit 90km/h. Even 60km/h is fine. Just keep to the slowest lane until you are confident to up your speed. 2B bikes can be wobbly at high speeds, so take your time.

    And remember to always always wear a fullface helmet, gloves, a riding jacket and proper shoes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    If only I could have a group of 2B bikers to ride with me frequently though. So that I can practice riding more with the group of companies. Once I got the courage maybe I can consider learning 2A.

  2. #52
    chriszzz
    has no status.
    Class 2B chriszzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice, that's a handsome looking bike for a class 2B.

    I ride its bigger 2A brother, Honda CB400 Revo. I'm actually a new rider too (despite having driven for 15+ years), and am looking for a motorcycle club to join so that we can do longer trips to Malaysia and Thailand. Maybe you folks can also consider doing the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    Honda cb125f, did mention above before , u?

     

     
  3. #53
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
    You can try practising at night even without kakis, after 9pm when the traffic is lighter. Take your bike and ride around your place. Once you are confident, you can head out to the expressway. Ride at a comfortable speed. You don't have to hit 90km/h. Even 60km/h is fine. Just keep to the slowest lane until you are confident to up your speed. 2B bikes can be wobbly at high speeds, so take your time.

    And remember to always always wear a fullface helmet, gloves, a riding jacket and proper shoes.
    Was planning too but just need some kakis to build confidence first

  4. #54
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
    Nice, that's a handsome looking bike for a class 2B.

    I ride its bigger 2A brother, Honda CB400 Revo. I'm actually a new rider too (despite having driven for 15+ years), and am looking for a motorcycle club to join so that we can do longer trips to Malaysia and Thailand. Maybe you folks can also consider doing the same.
    I am still a student n still very young, can't travel around alone n anytime 🙈

  5. #55
    SV650
    has no status.
    Class 2 SV650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    904
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Lollipop,

    Both my wife & I are having short legs and we are riding.

    Do go for your class 2A & class 2. It's a matter of getting use to the way of handling a bigger and higher bike.

    If you are keen, we can maybe meet up at 369 Tanjong Katong Road for coffee and chat with some others here. Thai food there is pretty decent there. At times, there are some biker groups gather there for coffee and you can view their bikes too. Alternatively, Farm Mart near Chua Chu Kang is another good place to meet up during day time on a weekend.

    Probably we can do a short ride to let you gain more confident on your ride. I guess once you gain more riding experience, riding will be more fun.

    Just put up your available time here. I'm sure there will be bikers here that can meet up with you and share their riding experience with you.

    Enjoy your ride.
    Last edited by SV650; 18-10-2015 at 09:50 AM.

  6. #56
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SV650 View Post
    Hi Lollipop,

    Both my wife & I are having short legs and we are riding.

    Do go for your class 2A & class 2. It's a matter of getting use to the way of handling a bigger and higher bike.

    If you are keen, we can maybe meet up at 369 Tanjong Katong Road for coffee and chat with some others here. Thai food there is pretty decent there. At times, there are some biker groups gather there for coffee and you can view their bikes too.

    Probably we can do a short ride to let you gain more confident on your ride. I guess once you gain more riding experience, riding will be more fun.

    Just put up your available time here. I'm sure there will be bikers here that can meet up with you and share their riding experience with you.

    Enjoy your ride.
    That will be great. U have a group of kakis too? I do not know if I can ride all the way there alone, but I stay at Bishan so it is a 20mins riding distance. I am available on every Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays afternoon but not next week because I am having bowling competition on the Saturday so I need plenty of rest before my big tournament. Normally which day n time u guys usually meet up?

  7. #57
    degrey
    has no status.
    L Plate degrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
    You can try practising at night even without kakis, after 9pm when the traffic is lighter. Take your bike and ride around your place. Once you are confident, you can head out to the expressway. Ride at a comfortable speed. You don't have to hit 90km/h. Even 60km/h is fine. Just keep to the slowest lane until you are confident to up your speed. 2B bikes can be wobbly at high speeds, so take your time.

    And remember to always always wear a fullface helmet, gloves, a riding jacket and proper shoes.
    agree with that, just gotta keep riding and you'll gain more confidence and skill. Try to ride more often when you can.
    YZF R15 V1 - March 2014 to November 2015
    RVF 400 - November 2015 to Present

  8. #58
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by degrey View Post
    agree with that, just gotta keep riding and you'll gain more confidence and skill. Try to ride more often when you can.
    Alrite... Will try den.

  9. #59
    caleborn
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's like riding a bicycle, you'll be surprised o know that all that you have learnt will instinctively return after 1-2 lessons back at the centre.

  10. #60
    SV650
    has no status.
    Class 2 SV650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    904
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    That will be great. U have a group of kakis too? I do not know if I can ride all the way there alone, but I stay at Bishan so it is a 20mins riding distance. I am available on every Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays afternoon but not next week because I am having bowling competition on the Saturday so I need plenty of rest before my big tournament. Normally which day n time u guys usually meet up?
    Maybe this Sat evening if your bowling ends early or the following week. I'll be having a day ride in Malaysia on Sun. I'll not be in Singapore most of the time in Nov & Dec. If you have time in the last week of Oct, we can probably catch up.

    I'm sure there will be fellow bikers here that can share their experiences with you. Just post up a date, time & venue here. You probably can get to meet some bikers in this forum.
    Last edited by SV650; 18-10-2015 at 09:00 PM.

  11. #61
    chriszzz
    has no status.
    Class 2B chriszzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you are starting to ride on the expressway, and you are in Bishan, the CTE north-bound towards Woodlands is probably easier. There are many taxis at night on the southbound CTE as they head to town to pick up passengers, so I would avoid that direction for a start.

    Ride from Bishan to CTE, and head north towards SLE. Exit at Woodlands Ave 12 and head towards Admiralty/Senoko area, which has a huge industrial area with wide straight roads that is nearly deserted at night. You can practice your riding in peace.

    Nearby is the Seletar aviation park area that is also mostly deserted at night with wide empty roads. Of course you need to be comfortable riding in nearly deserted areas, but there is still light traffic and the area is very brightly lit.

    Once you are fairly confident on the expressway, head out to ECP (which is my favourite expressway) and ride towards Changi. Exit to Changi Coast Road and ride to Changi Village and check out the dozens of fancy bikes parked illegally in front of the coffeeshops, esp on weekends. Relax, and have a cold chendol at the hawker center.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    Alrite... Will try den.

     

     
  12. #62
    duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    SBF Lacer duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,153
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    What bike are they using for 2A at BBDC? Been seeing 250s being used for 2A nowadays. Pretty much not much difference compared to the 2B bikes they are using for 2B. Maybe just a slight increase for everything else. Riding/Seating height should be the same. Should have not much difficulty adapting to it. Ride with any of your close riding buddies or do you not even have one? Most people start to ride mainly due to influence from close friends. Not many started to ride due to the need for a personal transport. There also some due to the reason "Oh I turned 18 already so must/can take licence." And there are those with a passion for it.

  13. #63
    smallcar
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    152
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SV650 View Post
    Maybe this Sat evening if your bowling ends early or the following week. I'll be having a day ride in Malaysia on Sun. I'll not be in Singapore most of the time in Nov & Dec. If you have time in the last week of Oct, we can probably catch up.

    I'm sure there will be fellow bikers here that can share their experiences with you. Just post up a date, time & venue here. You probably can get to meet some bikers in this forum.
    Good deed bro. Just set a date n time. Those free will join kopi session. I will never stop learning to stay safe.

  14. #64
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SV650 View Post
    Maybe this Sat evening if your bowling ends early or the following week. I'll be having a day ride in Malaysia on Sun. I'll not be in Singapore most of the time in Nov & Dec. If you have time in the last week of Oct, we can probably catch up.

    I'm sure there will be fellow bikers here that can share their experiences with you. Just post up a date, time & venue here. You probably can get to meet some bikers in this forum.
    I am already tired after competition though, shell we meet on the 31th October saturday 5.30pm? I already PM u but I dunno is it sent or not lol!!!

  15. #65
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duo View Post
    What bike are they using for 2A at BBDC? Been seeing 250s being used for 2A nowadays. Pretty much not much difference compared to the 2B bikes they are using for 2B. Maybe just a slight increase for everything else. Riding/Seating height should be the same. Should have not much difficulty adapting to it. Ride with any of your close riding buddies or do you not even have one? Most people start to ride mainly due to influence from close friends. Not many started to ride due to the need for a personal transport. There also some due to the reason "Oh I turned 18 already so must/can take licence." And there are those with a passion for it.
    I think Bbdc 2A bike model is CB400

  16. #66
    smallcar
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    152
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Loli,
    just to share what i did when i just passed my Class 2 and got my ST1300 less than 2 hrs after my class 2 test. I went to a empty car park behind science center to do my U turn n figure 8. Need to know how a big bike react. Less than 10 mins i can handle this cow. Now still in process of getting used to the pushing front n back into parking lots.

  17. #67
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smallcar View Post
    Hi Loli,
    just to share what i did when i just passed my Class 2 and got my ST1300 less than 2 hrs after my class 2 test. I went to a empty car park behind science center to do my U turn n figure 8. Need to know how a big bike react. Less than 10 mins i can handle this cow. Now still in process of getting used to the pushing front n back into parking lots.
    Icic.... That's nice to hear. I only practice riding short distance when I wanna pump air tyre at petrol kiosk. Hmm would u like to join us for the riding gathering with sv650? I met one fren from this forum too. U can pm me me ur number if u want.

  18. #68
    smallcar
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    152
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    Icic.... That's nice to hear. I only practice riding short distance when I wanna pump air tyre at petrol kiosk. Hmm would u like to join us for the riding gathering with sv650? I met one fren from this forum too. U can pm me me ur number if u want.
    Just emailed u my contacts. Will join you if timing ok.

  19. #69
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smallcar View Post
    Just emailed u my contacts. Will join you if timing ok.

    I didn't received any contacts info from u... How do I check? Hehe....

  20. #70
    smallcar
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    152
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    I didn't received any contacts info from u... How do I check? Hehe....
    Just Pm u.

  21. #71
    whiteo83
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    Hi guys, I am currently thinking of planning to register for class 2A at BBDC after 1 year of passing 2B which will be after 15 December 2015 which is the day I got my class 2B license. But I have a problem in mind is that I am a lady and my height is only 1.52M and my legs r very short. So need advise if my height is suitable to learn class 2A and what r the height of the 2A bike? Because I worring that my feet can't touch the ground for 2A bike as when I am learning class 2B at BBDC I already took the low cut sit and can't even fully touch the ground still n have to tip toe. Also I fell down quite a number of times due to short legs 😅. So what will be the advise u can give me? Thanks
    No issue. I see girls about that height go for class 2! 2A no need to lift bike yet so thats not a concern as yet. but really not alot of 2A bike in market, the range really only expands after class 2.

     

     
  22. #72
    swiftee
    is not swift
    TeePee swiftee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i suggest you get more riding experience before going to take cl 2a. cause if we are short, our bike handling and stopping has to be more precise, whereas taller people can afford to be more sloppy and their leg can catch them even if they stop badly. so your braking and stopping need to be very smooth and you need to be able to stop with 1 foot down only at all times. Like the way the instructors do in the circuit.

    some ways not to fall down are to be very careful where you stop. look with your eyes first before you go in, instead of you go in already then you find you have nowhere to put your legs. If the lot looks not ok in any way, don't try to park in it! Find another lot. With experience you will know which lot you can park and which you can't. If there's a curb and you know you can't back the bike out later, then either don't park there or park head out so that you can use the engine power to help you.
    Also if you cannot reverse in, just get down and push the bike backwards. if people laugh at you, screw them. they will laugh more if we fall down and at least they don't need to help us carry the bike after we drop it. because when we tiptoe reverse the bike we are very vulnerable to oil spots etc on the ground. Just need to accidentally step on one patch of oil and GG.

    for shorter people our bike handling is a bit different from taller folks. sometimes people will say it looks unstable or we look like we are handling the bike wrongly. but if you know that it works for you can just ignore them. For short people there is no one-size-fits-all rule. Both people can be same height but maybe one got longer or stronger legs. So you need to feel what can work for you. Starting out 2B on a tall 2B bike can allow you to learn some coping techniques on a lighter weight bike before you transition. Also some bikes look low but they are very wide, or they carry their weight high up which makes handling the weight much more difficult.

    i can't lift my bike. but the few times that i needed to, someone was around to help. and most of the time i was injured already so i wouldn't have been able to lift it anyway.
    if you don't drop the bike you won't need to lift it.

    I'm going to be the devil's advocate here and say for daily riding, getting bike that can fits you is more important. I have a good idea of what height of bikes I can handle at my height, but I do not think I want to be tackling them on a daily basis. When I changed to a bike that is relatively low (S4), I really enjoy myself on it and feel it is easy to handle even on days when I feel tired or injured my leg or something.

    Also super4 has quite a low seat height. I think S4 is a good ladies bike because of the low seat height, well-balanced weight and the decent and power. My sister who is 1.5+ likes my Super4 and says she feels comfortable on it. So you might be pleasantly surprised. Anyway CDC seems to be using 250cc bike so you can try that one on for size, maybe it is smaller.

    ---

    Hahahah I'm also looking for people to go for overseas road trip... been riding for quite awhile but not very experienced in going across the border...

    @lollipop245: I also stay and work around your area, I think I seen you on the road before... haha
    Last edited by swiftee; 22-12-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    boring rider. with a boring bike.
    too old to want to appear interesting anymore.

  23. #73
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=whiteo83;8367321]No issue. I see girls about that height go for class 2! 2A no need to lift bike yet so thats not a concern as yet. but really not alot of 2A bike in market, the range really only expands after class 2.[/QUOTE]


    Ic... I applied for class 2A already, my first practical lesson will be on the coming Saturday.

  24. #74
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swiftee View Post
    i suggest you get more riding experience before going to take cl 2a. cause if we are short, our bike handling and stopping has to be more precise, whereas taller people can afford to be more sloppy and their leg can catch them even if they stop badly. so your braking and stopping need to be very smooth and you need to be able to stop with 1 foot down only at all times. Like the way the instructors do in the circuit.

    some ways not to fall down are to be very careful where you stop. look with your eyes first before you go in, instead of you go in already then you find you have nowhere to put your legs. If the lot looks not ok in any way, don't try to park in it! Find another lot. With experience you will know which lot you can park and which you can't. If there's a curb and you know you can't back the bike out later, then either don't park there or park head out so that you can use the engine power to help you.
    Also if you cannot reverse in, just get down and push the bike backwards. if people laugh at you, screw them. they will laugh more if we fall down and at least they don't need to help us carry the bike after we drop it. because when we tiptoe reverse the bike we are very vulnerable to oil spots etc on the ground. Just need to accidentally step on one patch of oil and GG.

    for shorter people our bike handling is a bit different from taller folks. sometimes people will say it looks unstable or we look like we are handling the bike wrongly. but if you know that it works for you can just ignore them. For short people there is no one-size-fits-all rule. Both people can be same height but maybe one got longer or stronger legs. So you need to feel what can work for you. Starting out 2B on a tall 2B bike can allow you to learn some coping techniques on a lighter weight bike before you transition. Also some bikes look low but they are very wide, or they carry their weight high up which makes handling the weight much more difficult.

    i can't lift my bike. but the few times that i needed to, someone was around to help. and most of the time i was injured already so i wouldn't have been able to lift it anyway.
    if you don't drop the bike you won't need to lift it.

    I'm going to be the devil's advocate here and say for daily riding, getting bike that can fits you is more important. I have a good idea of what height of bikes I can handle at my height, but I do not think I want to be tackling them on a daily basis. When I changed to a bike that is relatively low (S4), I really enjoy myself on it and feel it is easy to handle even on days when I feel tired or injured my leg or something.

    Also super4 has quite a low seat height. I think S4 is a good ladies bike because of the low seat height, well-balanced weight and the decent and power. My sister who is 1.5+ likes my Super4 and says she feels comfortable on it. So you might be pleasantly surprised. Anyway CDC seems to be using 250cc bike so you can try that one on for size, maybe it is smaller.

    ---

    Hahahah I'm also looking for people to go for overseas road trip... been riding for quite awhile but not very experienced in going across the border...

    @lollipop245: I also stay and work around your area, I think I seen you on the road before... haha
    U stayed around Bishan area? Haha, maybe we can meet n ride around someday

  25. #75
    degrey
    has no status.
    L Plate degrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    Ic... I applied for class 2A already, my first practical lesson will be on the coming Saturday.
    Great ! You will definitely enjoy a bigger bike. It may seem a bit heavy at first but you will eventually conquer it.
    YZF R15 V1 - March 2014 to November 2015
    RVF 400 - November 2015 to Present

  26. #76
    pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Class 2 pufferfis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    StUcK iN bOrInG SiNgApOrE...hAiYaHHHHHH
    Posts
    1,491
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    U had long body short leg? Mine is 1.5m n my legs r shorter den my body ratio lol, oh well. But the weight will go to one side when the gradient is level to right or left so that is y I fall. I guess when i meet this kind of different level gradient I will drop right leg when the slope is to the left and left leg when is level and the slope to the right. I was riding at mandai 2 months ago traveling to ITE at choa Chu Kang, while entering highway that is towards the zoo that area, there's am slight band that is to the left n the gradient surface level also slanted to the left, so coincident it was red light so I stop n drop my left leg, in the end the weight of my bike go to the left n it's too heavy so my bike drop n I fall as well, in the end I have a big batch of blue black on my left knee n small one below the leg.
    ur riding a cb125 right?...I understand ur challenges in finding a bike which you can ride n learn comfortably as my gf is around ur height so we had her to test by sitting on various bikes which uses manual gear before we settle on a suzuki raider 150 where she can put both feet on half foot...or a full foot on either feet and have a bit of power......im still wondering what bike 2a and class 2 bike she ride later.......
    I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

  27. #77
    shemish
    has no status.
    Class 2B shemish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    227
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    Even I sit on the tall bike I have to tip toe though. It will fall anytime
    since i reach class 2, most the bikes i ride all i have to tip toe and ride. no worries. small issue.. you look cooler anw.. hahaha
    only problem is when you park, you have to alight and push... thats what i do anw.

  28. #78
    zhenghaooo
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think the only tough part is when you come to a stationery stop. pretty much the same as bicycles! people usually get road bikes with crazy high seat height! how is your 2A going? i stay in toa payoh and on the bike for about 7 months now, will be excited to get my 2A as well. maybe can ride sometime together.

  29. #79
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhenghaooo View Post
    i think the only tough part is when you come to a stationery stop. pretty much the same as bicycles! people usually get road bikes with crazy high seat height! how is your 2A going? i stay in toa payoh and on the bike for about 7 months now, will be excited to get my 2A as well. maybe can ride sometime together.
    hi zhenghaooo, i am currently in processing of learning 2A and in revision circuit stage now after passing 3.01 test evaluation. i am waiting for the tp date that is during my holiday which will be after 19 march but now tp date is only 9 and 10 march, too early. u r currently learning 2A or haven't one year yet?

  30. #80
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shemish View Post
    since i reach class 2, most the bikes i ride all i have to tip toe and ride. no worries. small issue.. you look cooler anw.. hahaha
    only problem is when you park, you have to alight and push... thats what i do anw.
    i am doing the same too, tip toe while stationary. only thing i bought was the high base shoe, at least can increase my feet height a bit so that dun need to tip toe until so jialet haha...

  31. #81
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pufferfis View Post
    ur riding a cb125 right?...I understand ur challenges in finding a bike which you can ride n learn comfortably as my gf is around ur height so we had her to test by sitting on various bikes which uses manual gear before we settle on a suzuki raider 150 where she can put both feet on half foot...or a full foot on either feet and have a bit of power......im still wondering what bike 2a and class 2 bike she ride later.......
    ah ic... sorry for late reply. is she planning to learn 2A?

     

     
  32. #82
    zhenghaooo
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    hi zhenghaooo, i am currently in processing of learning 2A and in revision circuit stage now after passing 3.01 test evaluation. i am waiting for the tp date that is during my holiday which will be after 19 march but now tp date is only 9 and 10 march, too early. u r currently learning 2A or haven't one year yet?
    hello, only got my 2b in july last year. have been riding frequently to and from work. hoping to get 2A asap too

  33. #83
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    341
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi there hmm now is April nearing May. I suppose Lolipop pass the tp test already?
    Zhenghaoo I am also in Toa payoh I stay in the peak.
    We pledge to ride safely and stay alive.
    KTM RC200
    Honda Phantom TA200
    KTM Duke200
    Honda Cb400 Spec 2 Super 4
    Yamaha Yzf-R3
    Honda CB400 Revo Super 4
    Honda CBR400RR
    Ducati Panigale 1199S

  34. #84
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    Hi there hmm now is April nearing May. I suppose Lolipop pass the tp test already?
    Zhenghaoo I am also in Toa payoh I stay in the peak.
    hi simon, yes i already got my class 2A license on the 14 April after 2nd attempt.

  35. #85
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhenghaooo View Post
    hello, only got my 2b in july last year. have been riding frequently to and from work. hoping to get 2A asap too
    hi zhenghaoo, hope u r planning to have class 2A license after 1 year of 2B.

  36. #86
    kicson
    has no status.
    P Plate kicson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I started taking class 2a few months back but i stopped because i sprained my wrist and im driving too so im contemplating whether to continue or not. Hmmm
    22 May 2014 - Passed TP (1st attempt)
    28 May 2014 - Pulsar 200 NS (FBH2***Y)

  37. #87
    SV650
    has no status.
    Class 2 SV650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    904
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    hi simon, yes i already got my class 2A license on the 14 April after 2nd attempt.
    I have my class 2A on 14 September!!!

    First attempt! lol

  38. #88
    SV650
    has no status.
    Class 2 SV650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    904
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kicson View Post
    I started taking class 2a few months back but i stopped because i sprained my wrist and im driving too so im contemplating whether to continue or not. Hmmm
    Go for it. Fun factor is always better on a bike!!!

  39. #89
    zhenghaooo
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    Hi there hmm now is April nearing May. I suppose Lolipop pass the tp test already?
    Zhenghaoo I am also in Toa payoh I stay in the peak.
    hello! i stay @ 85, right behind u. recovering frm shoulder surgery now.

  40. #90
    zhenghaooo
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    hi zhenghaoo, hope u r planning to have class 2A license after 1 year of 2B.
    well for sure i am cant wait.

  41. #91
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    341
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone can advise if bbdc is good to learn class 2a? I read the bbdc website that online enrolment can accept credit card but then top up system need bank transfer etc? I heard lessons offered at class 2a are aplenty and test date are also fast. Any comments? Am deciding if to go bbdc or ssdc next month.
    We pledge to ride safely and stay alive.
    KTM RC200
    Honda Phantom TA200
    KTM Duke200
    Honda Cb400 Spec 2 Super 4
    Yamaha Yzf-R3
    Honda CB400 Revo Super 4
    Honda CBR400RR
    Ducati Panigale 1199S

     

     
  42. #92
    chriszzz
    has no status.
    Class 2B chriszzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I suggest SSDC for the following reasons:

    1. They have new Honda 400F bikes. New bikes are in better shape and will be easier to ride and control. Last year they used Super4, but changed recently to the 400F.

    2. The test circuit is indoors. In the event of rain, the circuit will remain dry. This is important as a wet slippery circuit and blurry rain-smeared visor/spectacles is not what you want during the test.

    3. The instructors are pretty helpful. I took my class 2A there and now am taking my class 2 there.

    Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    Anyone can advise if bbdc is good to learn class 2a? I read the bbdc website that online enrolment can accept credit card but then top up system need bank transfer etc? I heard lessons offered at class 2a are aplenty and test date are also fast. Any comments? Am deciding if to go bbdc or ssdc next month.

  43. #93
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    341
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
    I suggest SSDC for the following reasons:

    1. They have new Honda 400F bikes. New bikes are in better shape and will be easier to ride and control. Last year they used Super4, but changed recently to the 400F.

    2. The test circuit is indoors. In the event of rain, the circuit will remain dry. This is important as a wet slippery circuit and blurry rain-smeared visor/spectacles is not what you want during the test.

    3. The instructors are pretty helpful. I took my class 2A there and now am taking my class 2 there.
    Hi, thanks it is very helpful to read your posts especially in the CDC vs SSDC. It helps me to get my 2b from ssdc!
    Ok well noted I shall go back to SSDC next month end for 2A. Just feeling tempted that hearing friends pass 2A within 1 month of enrolment etc.
    We pledge to ride safely and stay alive.
    KTM RC200
    Honda Phantom TA200
    KTM Duke200
    Honda Cb400 Spec 2 Super 4
    Yamaha Yzf-R3
    Honda CB400 Revo Super 4
    Honda CBR400RR
    Ducati Panigale 1199S

  44. #94
    chriszzz
    has no status.
    Class 2B chriszzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You changed your profile pic right? It used to be a white car. Almost thought you were someone else.

    Well, hate to tell you this, but the test dates at SSDC are also quite long for 2A. I waited almost 2 months for mine. Luckily I passed, or I would have to wait another 2 months. Not sure if it's always 2 months or just my particular test.

    Anyway, great to know you changed from CDC to SSDC for your 2B. Since you are already familiar with the SSDC circuit, it's a no-brainer to go back to SSDC.


    Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    Hi, thanks it is very helpful to read your posts especially in the CDC vs SSDC. It helps me to get my 2b from ssdc!
    Ok well noted I shall go back to SSDC next month end for 2A. Just feeling tempted that hearing friends pass 2A within 1 month of enrolment etc.

  45. #95
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    341
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
    You changed your profile pic right? It used to be a white car. Almost thought you were someone else.

    Well, hate to tell you this, but the test dates at SSDC are also quite long for 2A. I waited almost 2 months for mine. Luckily I passed, or I would have to wait another 2 months. Not sure if it's always 2 months or just my particular test.

    Anyway, great to know you changed from CDC to SSDC for your 2B. Since you are already familiar with the SSDC circuit, it's a no-brainer to go back to SSDC.
    Haha I just worried when I am back in SSDC I will stupidly go and performed class 2b test route. I guess lesson 2 and circuit revision will help. Hope maybe we can go ride some day chriszzz
    We pledge to ride safely and stay alive.
    KTM RC200
    Honda Phantom TA200
    KTM Duke200
    Honda Cb400 Spec 2 Super 4
    Yamaha Yzf-R3
    Honda CB400 Revo Super 4
    Honda CBR400RR
    Ducati Panigale 1199S

  46. #96
    Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi simone82, u got ur 2A already?

  47. #97
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    341
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolipop245 View Post
    hi simone82, u got ur 2A already?
    Sorry for late reply. I was browsing other sessions like driving centre and chatter box.
    Yes gotten my 2a. Think you left about 2 months to go for your class 2.
    If you or Zhenghaoo got ride, let me know haha
    We pledge to ride safely and stay alive.
    KTM RC200
    Honda Phantom TA200
    KTM Duke200
    Honda Cb400 Spec 2 Super 4
    Yamaha Yzf-R3
    Honda CB400 Revo Super 4
    Honda CBR400RR
    Ducati Panigale 1199S

  48. #98
    736cc
    Rocking on the road
    SBF Lacer 736cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    7,638
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wtf with the porn here. haha
    Current Ride:
    W650 Cafe Racer
    FXSTC Softail Custom
    TW200 Tracker
    Zephyr ZII Custom
    CB750K
    CB400four



  49. #99
    duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    SBF Lacer duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,153
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 736cc View Post
    wtf with the porn here. haha
    Too much stress?
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

  50. #100
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    341
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess it you all are taking your class 2 and waiting for TP ? haha do update on status
    We pledge to ride safely and stay alive.
    KTM RC200
    Honda Phantom TA200
    KTM Duke200
    Honda Cb400 Spec 2 Super 4
    Yamaha Yzf-R3
    Honda CB400 Revo Super 4
    Honda CBR400RR
    Ducati Panigale 1199S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •