daimtastic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, currently is there any lowering kit for the KTM 1190 Adventure? Or is there any way to lower the bike?

Thank you!

Paikia44
    is a MBA (Married But Available)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daimtastic View Post
    Hi all, currently is there any lowering kit for the KTM 1190 Adventure? Or is there any way to lower the bike?

Thank you!
    Try searching in Lust Racing for a Dogbone change
    #ShutUp_and_Ride

daimtastic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paikia44 View Post
    Try searching in Lust Racing for a Dogbone change
    Thank you for your suggestion. I think the 1190 is not linked by a dogbone, the shock is bolted directly.

journey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been reading good reviews of this bike. I would really like to hear from current riders on the negative aspects of this bike after riding it for a while (though I'm aware there aren't a lot out there in our country yet). Any dislikes so far, or minor technical flaws that you've realised? Have read on AdvRider regarding heat issues and air box pre filter recall.

papabread79
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would like to know more too about the -ve aspects of the Adv 1190.

Paikia44
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Touratech FB post

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk now Free
    #ShutUp_and_Ride

ghettogecko
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, sorry for the interruption...anyone interested in a shoei hornet DS helmet can pm me. Letting go mine. Size S. Pads changed. Thx..
    ~~~~~[/COLOR]

.......find the love between man and motorcycles......

globalvtec
    thinking of pimpin his ride
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello 1190 owners!

I'm a very keen and excited individual who has fallen in love with this gorgeous beauty. i'm a noob in this adventure bikes but really keen in this 1190s. But before I can commit to have "a second wife", how's the maintenance like for the bike so far? I read abt the bike that it uses 2 spark system. Does it mean it uses 2 spark plugs for each block for the v-twin? ABS - is there a servicing for the ABS?wats the frequency like?

Anyone here used it as a main transportation? I know most riders will have a 2nd bike but i'm likely to use it often as a means of transportation to work and also up North. Maybe try a bit of trail if can. Does DW have parts in store or gotta wait for parts?

theres 1001 questions i wld like to ask but then brain kinda jam already. Hope you guys can assist! Thank you in advance!

Rgds,
    GlobalnoobInAdeventureBikes

journey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by globalvtec View Post
    Hello 1190 owners!

I'm a very keen and excited individual who has fallen in love with this gorgeous beauty. i'm a noob in this adventure bikes but really keen in this 1190s. But before I can commit to have "a second wife", how's the maintenance like for the bike so far? I read abt the bike that it uses 2 spark system. Does it mean it uses 2 spark plugs for each block for the v-twin? ABS - is there a servicing for the ABS?wats the frequency like?

Anyone here used it as a main transportation? I know most riders will have a 2nd bike but i'm likely to use it often as a means of transportation to work and also up North. Maybe try a bit of trail if can. Does DW have parts in store or gotta wait for parts?

theres 1001 questions i wld like to ask but then brain kinda jam already. Hope you guys can assist! Thank you in advance!

Rgds,
    GlobalnoobInAdeventureBikes
    Hi GlobalnoobInAdeventureBikes,
    I'm not a 1190 owner, but also keen to own one. I'm doing some of my research on this bike, thus can offer you some answers to your questions. I'll leave the maintenance and DW aspects to the owners.

Yes, each blocks have 2 spark plugs of different size, i.e. the entire engine has 4 spark plugs. The sparking are electronically controlled to deliver optimal performance (i.e. to provide correct sparking condition that the combustion requires). Due to this, the engine is also more fuel efficient.

I don't think ABS requires any servicing. I've owned a motorcycle and a cars with ABS which I do almost nothing to them. It's a sensor-based electronic braking system.

Ok, 1190 owners, over to you. Again, I'm still very curious about other -ve aspects of this bike.

I've test rode the bike. I suggest you go down to DW to test ride it too.
    Last edited by journey; 29-10-2013 at 11:28 PM.

papabread79
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I reckon they are all a bit shy la to share2.

And i tot only 4 spark plugs leh...

journey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by papabread79 View Post
    I reckon they are all a bit shy la to share2.

And i tot only 4 spark plugs leh...
    Oops.. Yes, u r right. 2 cylinders, so 4 spark plugs. I wonder if there is a singapore ktm user group forum somewhere? Anyone know?

papabread79
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by journey View Post
    Oops.. Yes, u r right. 2 cylinders, so 4 spark plugs. I wonder if there is a singapore ktm user group forum somewhere? Anyone know?
    KTM ADV SGP group in FB, Sir. You may wish to hook up with them there.

globalvtec
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Journey,

Thanks for taking your time to get reply. Really appreciate it. I don't think test riding it will be a good idea..for now~hahahaha...need to get my head straight before jumping on the beast. Hopefully to own one soon and gather with the ORange peeps~

journey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by globalvtec View Post
    Hey Journey,

Thanks for taking your time to get reply. Really appreciate it. I don't think test riding it will be a good idea..for now~hahahaha...need to get my head straight before jumping on the beast. Hopefully to own one soon and gather with the ORange peeps~
    Ha ha... You are probably right. I test rode it a few weeks back, and I couldn't get it off my head. I ordered and collected the last KTM 1190 Adv from DW last week (their next shipment should come in end of this month). DW said this machine is selling really well. I guess the reasons are pretty obvious. I'll post my brief opinion of the -ve aspects of the bike soon.

Hi KTM folks, any suggestion of sources where I can get cheaper accessories (Luggage and protection). I know M-Technik and BikeTech21. I'm exploring online shops, anyone have experience and good recommendation. Many thanks in advance.

papabread79
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll post my brief opinion of the -ve aspects of the bike soon.
    That's great, waiting for it.

bullyshitty
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, has anybody's ktm 1190 been having stalling issues? Or read about it somewhere? Issues being engine stall during warming up or stalling halfway on the highway? Or is this normal?

journey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullyshitty View Post
    Hi, has anybody's ktm 1190 been having stalling issues? Or read about it somewhere? Issues being engine stall during warming up or stalling halfway on the highway? Or is this normal?
    Mine stalled today while I clutched in and glide on free gear for awhile along PIE. I told Ong. He explained that new engines are a little tighter and have tendency of stalling during idling. I'm gonna monitor and see if it happens again. Hopefully, like what Ong said, it'll go away after the bike fully run in.

This forum point to another cause of this issue, and seems like it's easily fixed. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=22124497. Are you having a persistent stalling? What is your mileage so far?

bullyshitty
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not persistent or often but it's still annoying for it to happen on a new bike. Happens like a few days apart. Mileage is already 5000km.

journey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. It happens to be again this morning (2nd time). Along PIE, stalled when clutch-in for say 1-3 sec, and it's after travelling for about 30km, so should be sufficiently warmed up. I'm gonna monitor further, and if happen again, I'll talk to DW.

Any other 1190 folks here who have the same problem? Please advise.

bullyshitty
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, after your bike stalled, u just crank it up n move off right?

journey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullyshitty View Post
    Hi, after your bike stalled, u just crank it up n move off right?
    Yes, I did.

Hardbrick
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I did.
    So bro, did you go to DW regarding the problem you had? They manage to solve the problem?

motomuppet
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys, I made the mistake (poisoned!) of test riding the 1190 at DW and have now put down a depost for a 2014 Adv R, which should arrive end December. $36k otr, with a few sexy bits thrown in. Have had several KTM's before, and have a 2011 250XC currently for trail duties. Have become a huge fan of KTM bikes over the years.

Just wondering if the stalling issue has been identified and sorted? I saw on advrider.com that some bikes had fuel venting issues which could have something to do with the stalling?

journey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, so far, after a week of ride, only stalled twice, and have been ok for the last few rides. Hopefully, it's gone after the engine is more run-in.

SilverBullet
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can owners of the 1190 Adv/R share on the reported heat issue from the rear engine block/exhaust.

My experience on a 2012 990 SMT wrt heat from the rear engine block/exhaust was simply unbearable in traffic.

stanco
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry guys, would like to get some clarification on the maintenance.

I know it said service interval at 15k km.... the servicing is referring to normal engine oil change or major servicing like valve clearance that sort of servicing? can anyone share what's the servicing for this bike like?
    肥仔七千号

papabread79
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanco View Post
    Sorry guys, would like to get some clarification on the maintenance.

I know it said service interval at 15k km.... the servicing is referring to normal engine oil change or major servicing like valve clearance that sort of servicing? can anyone share what's the servicing for this bike like?
    There's a matrix to follow. Just send it in to DW.

stanco
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by papabread79 View Post
    There's a matrix to follow. Just send it in to DW.
    so send in every 15k km? no need to be like most jap bike, change EO at 5k?

anyway, i believe u are referring to this...

Attached Images Attached Images
    肥仔七千号

papabread79
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yup, u r absolutely right. Dont fall for the 5K km maintenance fallacy.

I sent in my former GSA every 10K km, while my former Tiger Explorer was every 16K km.

journey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,
    As promised, I’m gonna post a brief write-up of the negative aspects of this bike after I’ve owned and ridden it. I’m gonna be picky and critical to do this, as this is really a great bike. A quick google, you should be able to find loads of article and forum singing praises of this adventure tourer (which I don’t plan to do it here). Ok, here you go.
    1. Heat issue: You should find this a common issue discussed on forum. Heat from the back engine is transferred to the seat and escaping from the side, to your butt and upper thigh area. For my daily riding (30% city and 70% highway), it is still not so bad. I’ve ridden sportbike that is hotter. I guess on a hot day and heavy traffic, it may get quite uncomfortable. DW promised that seat heat shield should be coming in soon (sometime in Nov/Dec) for all the 1190s they sold. I suspect this may help block out some heat, but not all. You can look up on other forum, some of which gave very good idea to resolve this issue.
    2. Side-stand: it is bent slightly in an inwards angle, such that the floor contact point is quite near the centre of the bike. This means that the bike may go off balance if you put it on side stand on a steep slope or uneven off-road ground. This can be resolved by putting a big foot/side-stand shoe, but I mean this is obviously an unacceptable design flaw for a bike built for adventure riding. The spring is also a little stiff for my liking.
    3. Wind screen: The wind screen is a little too low for the standard version. If you’re tall, the wind screen height may not be sufficient for you especially on long distance highway riding. I used to be able to hide behind my windscreen (in my previous bikes) when drizzling, to avoid getting too wet without the raincoat. This windscreen is just not big enough for this function. KTM has a taller windscreen for this bike. http://shop.ktm.com/com_en/powerpart...ield-high.html
    4. Turn signal switch: The feeling of this switch feels like the volume button of my smartphone, i.e. sometimes I am not sure if the signal light is activated. I’ve to look down to confirm.
    5. Low RPM – low torque: I guess this is a characteristic of V-Twin engine. The engine torque seems a little low for lower RPM, below 2.8K RPM. The “usable” RPM is above 3K. This means that constant gear shifting between 4 to 6 is necessary if you’re on Singapore highway with regular traffic, i.e. travelling in speed between 70 to 110 km/hr. I think is a matter of riding habit. I’m trying to be picky, remember. Above 3k RPM, it becomes a high-performance sportbike.

I guess there may be more issues as I ride on, but for now, the above should be sufficient for those who wanna know about a rider’s (-ve) opinion of this bike. These issues are probably too minor for a great bike like this, and I’m still enjoying every single bit of the ride since I had it.

Caustic.Soda
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Journey,

Your write-up has to be, by far, one of the most constructive post in this thread. If only those jokers in KTM ADV SG Facebook page can take a leaf out of this.

Thank you. The information is very enriching coming from a 1190 Adv owner himself.
    Last edited by Caustic.Soda; 19-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.

drz-killer
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi.. I am riding a 1190r. From day 1 I took my bike, there is no engine stalling issue. As for servicing, when u turn on your ignition, the lcd wil prompt u when to service. Cheers.

mumumu
    is drunk
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wind screen: The wind screen is a little too low for the standard version. If you’re tall, the wind screen height may not be sufficient for you especially on long distance highway riding. I used to be able to hide behind my windscreen (in my previous bikes) when drizzling, to avoid getting too wet without the raincoat. This windscreen is just not big enough for this function. KTM has a taller windscreen for this bike. http://shop.ktm.com/com_en/powerpart...ield-high.html
    Hi do you mind letting us know what bike did you own previously and how tall are you? so we can roughly gauge the usefulness of the stock windshield. Thank you
    RIDE

Paikia44
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A seriously unhappy owner's rant.....
    https://m.facebook.com/Ktm1190Advent...user=699253164
    #ShutUp_and_Ride

mumumu
    is drunk
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A seriously unhappy owner's rant.....
    https://m.facebook.com/Ktm1190Advent...user=699253164
    KTM 1190 Disappointment

I have started this Page so that KTM 1190 Adventure owners can share their experience with other 1190 owners so they can know that they are not alone in this struggle and as a warning to 1190 aspiring new owners.

I was a big KTM fan and have owned a number of them, but after the disappointing problems and way KTM is currently handling the problem with the new 1190 Adventure, my view has changed. Let me just say the 1190 is an awesome package and I was very impressed until my problems started.
    Here is my story.

I purchased a new 1190 Adventure from Ultimate Performance in June 2013, took it for a run-in trip the same weekend. I work out of the country and asked them to collect and service the bike....what a bad experience! but this is a story for later.

The 1190 air filter box combination is poorly designed and allows dust to pass into the engine causing the valve seats, heads, pistons and barrels to ware down. Especially if you have done some gravel road trips. There are hundreds of bikes in South Africa that have suffered this and the symptoms are starting problems mainly due to the valve seats wearing down and the compression not being sufficient for the bike to start properly. The problem is that the dealers are claiming that the valve clearances were not sett properly in the factory, then they re-shim the valves and you are on your way. In reality you have suffered damage to your engine and sooner or later you will have serious problems.

In September we went on a 2500km gravel road trip and myself and two other guys were riding brand new 1190's. This was the first off paved road trip my bike did and I had only completed the 1000km run-in. the other two guys did a few short off-road trips prior. The second morning the one bike started to battle to start, this was the bike that had done the most off-road trips and had +- 2000Km on it. It eventually started by jumpstart from a car and cranking it for some time. The second morning it would not start at all and we had to tow start it from then on each time. The third morning my bike battled to start and we had to tow it. We phoned the dealer we purchased the bikes from and he told us that the 1190s have a valve clearance problem "they were not set properly in the factory and that it needs to be reset bla bla bla…………". One of the guys with us knew a mechanic at another KTM branch and we called him for advice. He informed us about the air intake problem and said they have rebuilt 3 engines with this problem. We opened the one bike’s airbox (on the street next to a restaurant we were at) and sure enough we found a lot of dust in it, the butterflies were full of dust. We bought grease and sealed it the best we could to avoid further damage. The third bike also started to give problems at the end of the trip. We completed 90% of the trip and then decided to turn back for the 1000km stretch home, before the bikes would not start at all.

On return, I opened my airbox and found the same problem. I left it open and we took the two bikes to the dealer we bought it from. When we showed the workshop foreman the dust in the airbox he said “it was normal” and assured us that the starting problem was to incorrect valve clearance settings. When I insisted that they strip the motor and check for ware he said that I would need to pay out of my pocket for this. We the decided to take the bikes to the dealer that have rebuilt the other engines. They have been dealing with KTM for the last month and a half trying to get replacement motors but KTM has been requesting numerous tests. Eventually they were told to open one of the motors and check for damage, which they did and found all the symptoms above and that the rings were stuck in the piston grooves. We insisted we want new engines installed but KTM has said they will not replace the motors and the dealer completed a warranty claim with a long list of replacement parts. It has been tree weeks now and has not approved the warranty claim.

The third bike was also taken to the dealer where we first went and they persuade the owner to let them reset the valve clearance, which they did and the bike is running fine for now. I guarantee you that he has suffered damage to the engine and it will give problems sooner or later.

I sent the following email two weeks ago, to the dealer requesting a response from KTM international and have had no response from KTM to date.

I hereby would like to express my utter disappointment in the way KTM has handled this issue with our motorcycles and the issue at a large with the 1190 adventure's sucking dust in through the intake into the engine and causing premature ware of the valve seating and damage to the cylinders; pistons and rings.

The way our particular cases have been dealt with by KTM has been far from satisfactory and I am not referring to the dealership workshop. It seems that KTM does not trust the judgement of the technicians of the dealership even though they have had experienced a number of these cases recently. I am getting the feeling that KTM does not want this to become public knowledge. For these motorcycles to have suffered such damage at a mere 4000-5000km is unacceptable and then for KTM not to replace the damaged engines outright is even worse. A "reconditioned" engine is not the same as a new engine and this is what should be in a 4000km motorcycle.

As for the issue in general, I know for a fact that there are many of the 1190 adventures in South Africa that have suffered similar damage to the engine but probably to a lesser extent, but they have suffered damage never the less and the dealers have just been re adjusting the valve clearance and telling the owners a fairy tale of tolerances that was not set correctly in the factory. One in particular is one of the bikes that joined us on the 2500km off road trip. His engine sounds very rough and his valve seats wore down, the dealer readjusted his valve clearance and assured him everything was in order. I feel very sorry for him and the hundreds like him, who have suffered engine damage to some extent. These motorcycles will sooner or later start to give problems.

I also feel very unhappy and cheated due to the fact that sooner or later this will become public knowledge and will affect the second hand retail value of the 1190 adventure. I will not be able to resell my motorcycle for a reasonable price, I surely would not think of purchasing one second-hand!

I have always been a big promoter of KTM and own a number of them, but after these recent events I am very disappointed and am considering changing brands and will no longer be able to promote the brand. Believe it or not, but I have vast technical experience on motorcycle engines and feel KTM thinks we are fools.
    The 1190 adventure is an awesome machine but the way KTM is handling this small but serious issue, they are going to suffer extensive bad publicity and damage to the brand. Don't under estimate the South African public and I am sure the rest of the world.

I urge you to re consider replacing the engines in our motorcycles and to start to warn your customers of the issues and ask them to stay out of the dust until a suitable solution has been decided on like fitting the unifier on their machines.
    Could you please forward this mail to KTM international on my behalf and ask them to officially respond me.

If anyone has experienced ANY problems with the KTM 1190 Adventure, Please share your experiences so that we can warn potential buyers and the general public about the issues. I wish I could have been warned. It is time that KTM take ownership
    Thanks for sharing! Doesn't sound like rant. Very legitimate claims and advice!

motomuppet
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KTM has addressed those issues I believe in countries with dusty roads? KTM instal a Uni filter that prevents the dust getting into the throttle bodies. Singapore and Malaysia it probably wont be an issue as we dont have that many dirt roads, and they are rarely dusty, but maybe the 2014 models will come with the Uni filter anyway? Would make sense to instal from the factory to all bikes I think rather than just those in South Africa and Australia. Hopefully 2013 model owners can get the filter replaced under warranty.

Paikia44
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like for most newly developed engine and models... there are bound to be issues and need for some tweaks. The air filter issue seems to be an easy fix at least.
    #ShutUp_and_Ride

stanco
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any idea when would the 2014 model comes in?
    肥仔七千号

journey
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mumumu View Post
    Hi do you mind letting us know what bike did you own previously and how tall are you? so we can roughly gauge the usefulness of the stock windshield. Thank you
    I'm 1.75m tall. My previous Africa Twin has sufficient wind and drizzle protection. I've owned a Honda Blackbird with an after-market shield which works well too. The original windshield for the blackbird, if I remember correctly, was not too bad as well. Don't get me wrong, the stock windshield for the standard Adventure version is not too bad too, just don't expect it to block out light rain, like some tourers. Note that the R version has even shorter windshield.
    Last edited by journey; 27-11-2013 at 05:12 PM.

yammie
    has only
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do any 1190/r owners mind sharing the OMV for this bike?

My ex super tenere was almost $15000.

Paikia44
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yammie View Post
    Do any 1190/r owners mind sharing the OMV for this bike?

My ex super tenere was almost $15000.
    Moving from Italian to Austrian bro? Hehehe....
    #ShutUp_and_Ride

yammie
    has only
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving from Italian to Austrian bro? Hehehe....
    U moving from Italian to Austrian bro?

I am waiting till they sort out the issues. My ex super tenere only got ONE issue- recall for topbox rack which wasn't any issue for me. haha...

Paikia44
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yammie View Post
    I am waiting till they sort out the issues. My ex super tenere only got ONE issue- recall for topbox rack which wasn't any issue for me. haha...
    Cool..... I'm grounded for any touring for the next 1-2 years at least so unfortunately the 1190 will be out from my list.
    #ShutUp_and_Ride

Paikia44
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used 1190 for Sale>>>>>>

KTM Adventure 1190 for $28,000
    #ShutUp_and_Ride

yammie
    has only
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=937684

Congrats! Any word from DW on recall/updates?

Caustic.Soda
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the 'fiercest' local riders.

globalvtec
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading and knowing of the airbox issue on the 1190 adv, i'm actually quite worried. What is KTM Singapore action for this? Though our country are not in the sandy region, there will be a point of time where travelling up north is must (where the travelling will be mostly off-roads) and so there are always some chance that sand or fine particles may still enter the throttle body and into the engine block. After commiting oneself to pay $36k for the bike, I don't think any owners would want to have a problem after the 2 year warranty is over. A damage to the engine and overhauling again the bike, how much will that cost??!!!

Dear 1190 owners, is there any recall done by KTM Singapore? Any chance they are looking into this airbox problem or all they say was,"Don't worry. No problem as we are not in a dessert."

papabread79
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dont worry, u can just part with ur $36K (cash if u have). I think only 5% of ur riding will compromise the airbox.

95% will be on road or truly "off-road".

globalvtec
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh...so kinda safe? i assumed u r riding one. What did ur dealer tell u?

95% will be on road or truly "off-road". <----- i think most of the time i will be using it...so "off road" means sitting in the carpark and rot?

papabread79
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just buy and enjoy it boss. Dont worry so much abt it.

U r not gonna ride it from Argentina to Chile next Jan anyway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast