User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 294

Thread: My DIY chain oiler [With alot of pics!!!]

  1. #101
    Your Mother
    is really really fat.
    P Plate Your Mother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    128
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Woah. Thanks a lot bro. Should have taken a long time for you to document this but I bet all the bikers can learn from this.

  2. #102
    ProFatSir
    Is. Man whore for hire...
    TeePee ProFatSir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    後港
    Posts
    4,145
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudgement View Post
    Woah. Thanks a lot bro. Should have taken a long time for you to document this but I bet all the bikers can learn from this.
    thanks for the reading....

    this is for the ppl who are keen to diy but is clueless about how to start.
    2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave



     

     
  3. #103
    wahwah90
    TA200
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    east
    Posts
    129
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just finish doing my on the phantom!


    ~Slow rider~

    TA200 (2009-2013)
    CB400 Ver.S (2013 - current)

  4. #104
    ProFatSir
    Is. Man whore for hire...
    TeePee ProFatSir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    後港
    Posts
    4,145
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wahwah90 View Post
    I just finish doing my on the phantom!


    Well done.thanks for the photo.
    2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave



  5. #105
    lacrimosae
    is in New York
    TeePee lacrimosae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Resident cynic
    Posts
    2,586
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the DIY How-to Tony.

    I've managed to get all the items except that nice aluminum bottle which I couldn't find in Daiso. Will probably try it with a Muji bottle instead.

    Will work on mine and post pics too.
    Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.
    Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

    http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php


  6. #106
    ProFatSir
    Is. Man whore for hire...
    TeePee ProFatSir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    後港
    Posts
    4,145
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lacrimosae View Post
    Thanks for the DIY How-to Tony.

    I've managed to get all the items except that nice aluminum bottle which I couldn't find in Daiso. Will probably try it with a Muji bottle instead.

    Will work on mine and post pics too.
    well done.
    2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave



  7. #107
    lacrimosae
    is in New York
    TeePee lacrimosae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Resident cynic
    Posts
    2,586
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    My hunt for that gorgeous aluminum bottle used in the first post has been futile.

    There are 5 Daiso branches in singapore. Tony, is there a particular branch that you bought it from?
    Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.
    Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

    http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php


  8. #108
    shunoski
    er6ing.
    Class 2 shunoski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,356
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Buy aluminium bottles from sports shop, can last you long long! BIg Big!
    Anyone can ride a bike. Being a biker, is a state of mind.

  9. #109
    lacrimosae
    is in New York
    TeePee lacrimosae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Resident cynic
    Posts
    2,586
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shunoski View Post
    Buy aluminium bottles from sports shop, can last you long long! BIg Big!
    Do you mean the Sigg aluminum bottles?

    Yeah, it might work if I was intending to ride to Cape Town...
    Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.
    Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

    http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php


  10. #110
    wahwah90
    TA200
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    east
    Posts
    129
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lacrimosae View Post
    My hunt for that gorgeous aluminum bottle used in the first post has been futile.

    There are 5 Daiso branches in singapore. Tony, is there a particular branch that you bought it from?
    i bought my at IMM daiso..its near the bottle station with some cosmetic stuff..saw a few bottle left..good luck on ur hunting for that nice little bottle!
    ~Slow rider~

    TA200 (2009-2013)
    CB400 Ver.S (2013 - current)

  11. #111
    xXxRatedxXx
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer xXxRatedxXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kovan
    Posts
    9,316
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wahwah90 View Post
    i bought my at IMM daiso..its near the bottle station with some cosmetic stuff..saw a few bottle left..good luck on ur hunting for that nice little bottle!
    Yes its a rare item.... they are not restocking it at daiso rivervale mall.

     

     
  12. #112
    emdy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    22
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cool stuff! Your post with alot of pics really motivate me to make one. =P

  13. #113
    ProFatSir
    Is. Man whore for hire...
    TeePee ProFatSir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    後港
    Posts
    4,145
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emdy View Post
    Cool stuff! Your post with alot of pics really motivate me to make one. =P
    than what are you waiting for?
    2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave



  14. #114
    lacrimosae
    is in New York
    TeePee lacrimosae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Resident cynic
    Posts
    2,586
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonychan View Post
    than what are you waiting for?
    Waiting for you to go over to his home and do it for him.

    I can't wait to get started! My bike's been stuck in the workshop for weeks now. I'm really bummed...
    Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.
    Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

    http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php


  15. #115
    ProFatSir
    Is. Man whore for hire...
    TeePee ProFatSir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    後港
    Posts
    4,145
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lacrimosae View Post
    Waiting for you to go over to his home and do it for him.

    I can't wait to get started! My bike's been stuck in the workshop for weeks now. I'm really bummed...
    go find the CMO for ezzyoiler if you are willing to spent 30sgd on the oiler.
    diy is less than 5 dollar.
    2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave



  16. #116
    lacrimosae
    is in New York
    TeePee lacrimosae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Resident cynic
    Posts
    2,586
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonychan View Post
    go find the CMO for ezzyoiler if you are willing to spent 30sgd on the oiler.
    diy is less than 5 dollar.
    I know, thanks.

    I have already gotten all the materials I need. Just need the bike to leave the workshop. Still waiting for new fork and rear suspension to be installed.

    I bought the aluminum bottles from Daiso IMM, and the pump bottles from the same place. I figured I can borrow Ezzyoiler's idea of using a manual pump to charge the flow.

    Instead of a gravity feed direct from the bottle, I will need to pump the oil out from the reservoir. About 2ml of oil flows into the hose and stays there above the valve. With the valve open, the oil drips out. If you forget to turn the valve off, the 2ml of oil sitting in the hose will deplete itself and you wont have an oily parking space.

    Just need to pump it a few times to charge the hose before u start riding.

    I also got the y-joint to attach to a breather which connects to the hose and not the reservoir.

    Am overseas now. Will be back on Monday. Hopefully can commence project on Tue!!
    Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.
    Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

    http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php


  17. #117
    ProFatSir
    Is. Man whore for hire...
    TeePee ProFatSir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    後港
    Posts
    4,145
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lacrimosae View Post
    I know, thanks.

    I have already gotten all the materials I need. Just need the bike to leave the workshop. Still waiting for new fork and rear suspension to be installed.

    I bought the aluminum bottles from Daiso IMM, and the pump bottles from the same place. I figured I can borrow Ezzyoiler's idea of using a manual pump to charge the flow.

    Instead of a gravity feed direct from the bottle, I will need to pump the oil out from the reservoir. About 2ml of oil flows into the hose and stays there above the valve. With the valve open, the oil drips out. If you forget to turn the valve off, the 2ml of oil sitting in the hose will deplete itself and you wont have an oily parking space.

    Just need to pump it a few times to charge the hose before u start riding.

    I also got the y-joint to attach to a breather which connects to the hose and not the reservoir.

    Am overseas now. Will be back on Monday. Hopefully can commence project on Tue!!
    oei...no picture no sound har?so many tuesday pass away already...
    2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave



  18. #118
    hi_sham32
    has no status.
    Class 2A hi_sham32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    639
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonychan View Post
    thanks for the reading....

    this is for the ppl who are keen to diy but is clueless about how to start.

    Bro, thanks for the tips... I have DIY myself... testing using water(no EO or gearoil) The only problem for me is the mounting place.
    Nvm, pictures will do the talking. Will upload after test run.
    Total spend = $7

    Bro, where can get the scootoiler oil or chain oil? EO flings too much...


    Enrol 2B - - - - - - 02 Feb 09
    NSR SP - - - - - - - 23 May 09
    .
    Life is full of choices.
    Depending of which choice u made,
    It will change ur fate/destiny.

  19. #119
    xXxRatedxXx
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer xXxRatedxXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kovan
    Posts
    9,316
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hi_sham32 View Post
    Bro, thanks for the tips... I have DIY myself... testing using water(no EO or gearoil) The only problem for me is the mounting place.
    Nvm, pictures will do the talking. Will upload after test run.
    Total spend = $7

    Bro, where can get the scootoiler oil or chain oil? EO flings too much...
    motoworld.

  20. #120
    hi_sham32
    has no status.
    Class 2A hi_sham32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    639
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xXxRatedxXx View Post
    motoworld.
    Thanks... There is small and big one. HKL selling small(250) = $12 with nozzle but big(500) without nozzle = $15. Prob HKL too far for me.


    Enrol 2B - - - - - - 02 Feb 09
    NSR SP - - - - - - - 23 May 09
    .
    Life is full of choices.
    Depending of which choice u made,
    It will change ur fate/destiny.

  21. #121
    lacrimosae
    is in New York
    TeePee lacrimosae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Resident cynic
    Posts
    2,586
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonychan View Post
    oei...no picture no sound har?so many tuesday pass away already...
    Yeah, got called away for work. Am now overseas, so haven't seen my bike for a really really loooooooong time.

    And worse, I just remembered I didn't turn off my fuel tap. Which means my petrol will probably be empty when I finally get home.
    Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.
    Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

    http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php


     

     
  22. #122
    ayoasti
    has no status.
    Class 2B ayoasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    upzzzz! wil try out soon too!

  23. #123
    S750WP
    has no status.
    TeePee S750WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    SGP
    Posts
    4,078
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Redo my chain oiler to make the oiling tip to dual drip such that both side of the o ring chain is lubricated. Pics will be up later.

    My old pic of the DIY oiler, new pic wih dual drip will be up soon.
    Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750


    My Z750 DIY Page
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

    04 Z750 Specification
    http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

  24. #124
    S750WP
    has no status.
    TeePee S750WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    SGP
    Posts
    4,078
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pics of my chain oiler with dual lubiricating tip.

    The oiler reservoir(70ml syringe), regulator (black valve), On/Off Valve (White/Blue)



    Dual oiler tip to lube both side of the o-rings


    The metal frame made out of hard wire to hold the oil tube in place so that it will not get caught into the sprocket.
    Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750


    My Z750 DIY Page
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

    04 Z750 Specification
    http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

  25. #125
    S750WP
    has no status.
    TeePee S750WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    SGP
    Posts
    4,078
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pics of my chain oiler with dual lubiricating tip.

    The oiler reservoir(70ml syringe), regulator (black valve), On/Off Valve (White/Blue)



    Dual oiler tip to lube both side of the o-rings


    The metal frame made out of hard wire to hold the oil tube in place so that it will not get caught into the sprocket.
    Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750


    My Z750 DIY Page
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

    04 Z750 Specification
    http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

  26. #126
    ProFatSir
    Is. Man whore for hire...
    TeePee ProFatSir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    後港
    Posts
    4,145
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    very nice updates.
    2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave



  27. #127
    AEoM
    has no status.
    Class 2 AEoM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    827
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice work man!

  28. #128
    ayoasti
    has no status.
    Class 2B ayoasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    where did u get the ON/OFF valve?
    Life's short, ride safe.

  29. #129
    S750WP
    has no status.
    TeePee S750WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    SGP
    Posts
    4,078
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoasti View Post
    where did u get the ON/OFF valve?
    The on/off valve is from "diamond water" but you can purchase it from the shop behind Lim Ah Boy whom sells hose/fittings/valves etc. Tell the boss you want to buy the valve for oil/water because oil will leak if you use the pneumatic one(air).
    Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750


    My Z750 DIY Page
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

    04 Z750 Specification
    http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

  30. #130
    furious_88
    Class 2R
    Class 2B furious_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Woodlander
    Posts
    235
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S750WP View Post
    The on/off valve is from "diamond water" but you can purchase it from the shop behind Lim Ah Boy whom sells hose/fittings/valves etc. Tell the boss you want to buy the valve for oil/water because oil will leak if you use the pneumatic one(air).
    Hi, so you mean its actually at the main road? BTW how much does it cost? Do you need to on and off all the time when you are not riding?
    Last edited by furious_88; 04-10-2010 at 06:06 PM.
    1993- RD
    1994- RXZ
    1995- Hornet
    1997- GsxR
    1999- S4 verS
    2003- S4 spec II
    2009- Wave X
    2010- GSR400
    2011- NA


  31. #131
    S750WP
    has no status.
    TeePee S750WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    SGP
    Posts
    4,078
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by furious_88 View Post
    Hi, so you mean its actually at the main road? BTW how much does it cost? Do you need to on and off all the time when you are not riding?
    Actually its across the road from the hardware shop which sells screws/nuts/bolts.

    Only on when you wanted to oil the chain, just off it once reach destination else the oil will keep dripping.
    Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750


    My Z750 DIY Page
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

    04 Z750 Specification
    http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

     

     
  32. #132
    ayoasti
    has no status.
    Class 2B ayoasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    cool man thnx! did mine but abiiiiiiiiiiiiiit of leak. maybe tmr go buy afew.
    thnx again!
    will post mine soon
    Life's short, ride safe.

  33. #133
    furious_88
    Class 2R
    Class 2B furious_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Woodlander
    Posts
    235
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S750WP View Post
    Actually its across the road from the hardware shop which sells screws/nuts/bolts.

    Only on when you wanted to oil the chain, just off it once reach destination else the oil will keep dripping.
    oh there har, aiya I pass by there a few times, behind ah boy, was thinking at the main road, ok I know where liao thx.

    btw ur regulator (black valve), On/Off Valve (White/Blue)
    bought from there too?
    1993- RD
    1994- RXZ
    1995- Hornet
    1997- GsxR
    1999- S4 verS
    2003- S4 spec II
    2009- Wave X
    2010- GSR400
    2011- NA


  34. #134
    S750WP
    has no status.
    TeePee S750WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    SGP
    Posts
    4,078
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by furious_88 View Post
    oh there har, aiya I pass by there a few times, behind ah boy, was thinking at the main road, ok I know where liao thx.

    btw ur regulator (black valve), On/Off Valve (White/Blue)
    bought from there too?
    The black valve bought at aquarium shop at clementi blk328, the white/blue valve is from Diamond water.
    Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750


    My Z750 DIY Page
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

    04 Z750 Specification
    http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

  35. #135
    ayoasti
    has no status.
    Class 2B ayoasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S750WP View Post
    Pics of my chain oiler with dual lubiricating tip.

    The oiler reservoir(70ml syringe), regulator (black valve), On/Off Valve (White/Blue)



    Dual oiler tip to lube both side of the o-rings


    The metal frame made out of hard wire to hold the oil tube in place so that it will not get caught into the sprocket.
    hi bro what did u use for ur double tip? kinda cool and straight forward stuff.
    Life's short, ride safe.

  36. #136
    furious_88
    Class 2R
    Class 2B furious_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Woodlander
    Posts
    235
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my very own DIY with 3 spliter.
    Open / close valve for oil.






    total damage $17
    1993- RD
    1994- RXZ
    1995- Hornet
    1997- GsxR
    1999- S4 verS
    2003- S4 spec II
    2009- Wave X
    2010- GSR400
    2011- NA


  37. #137
    S750WP
    has no status.
    TeePee S750WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    SGP
    Posts
    4,078
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoasti View Post
    hi bro what did u use for ur double tip? kinda cool and straight forward stuff.
    To all whom is interested to build this simple daul drip oiler. Info as below

    Materials:
    ---------
    70ml syringe x 1 ($3.50 bought at pharmacy)
    Cover for the syringe x 1 (FOC, from the car shampoo cap)
    Regulator x 1 ($0.50, aquarium shop)
    On/Off valve x 1 (FOC, courtesy of Diamond water)
    1/4 inch clear tubing 1m ($2, hardware shop across the road from the shop which sells screws/nuts at Kelantan Lane)
    Cable tie X 1 packet ($2, ABC Value store)
    Binding wire x 1 pack ($1.40, hardware shop at my place)
    Water Tap rubber washer x 2 ($0.50, hardware shop at my place)

    Installation:
    -----------
    1. Cable tie the syringe to the frame of your bike (Note: this is a gravity pull system so try to keep the syringe upright and above the drippers)
    2. Make a hole on the car shampoo cap, this is to facilitate the oil flow through the tubing
    3. Connect the tubing to the syringe, and plan the route of the tubing to your chain
    4. After which connect the regulator first follow by the on/off valve and cable tie the on/off valve to your swingarm.
    5. Next bent the binding wire (see my pic for reference) this serve as the frame to hold the tubing as well as to direct the tubing away from the swingarm to the chain.
    6. Use a cable tie and the two rubber washer to make loops to secure the wire you bent at step 5 to the swingarm (see my pics)
    7. Take 2 cable ties and snip the end to the require length for the dripper (retain the taper end of the tie) and snip one shorter length from the remaining cable tie. End result you should have 2 cable tie of the same length (dripper) and 1 shorter length cable tie (1/2 the length of dripper).
    8. Cut a length of clear tubing this will be join to the white on/off valve, cut and insert a length of binding wire and insert into the tubing.
    9. Sandwich the short cable tie(step 7) between the dripper and insert into the tubing prepare at step 8 and bend the dripper such that distance between the dripper is same at the distance between the o-ring of your chain.
    10. Connect your dripper tubing to the on/off valve and cable tie the tubing to the frame (step 5).
    11. Bent and adjust the tubing such that the dripper is directly above your o-ring.
    12.Cover the syringe with the car shampoo cap in step 2.


    Priming
    -------
    1. With the regulator and on/off valve fully close pour in your desire chain oil.
    2. Place a container beneath your dripper and open fully the regulator and the on/off valve and watch the oil flow through the tubing and oil starts to drip at the tip of your dripper
    3. Regulate the oil flow, by turning in the regulator (black) knob to the desire flow rate then shut off the on/off valve

    Operation:
    ----------
    When you want to lubricate the chain, turn on the on/off valve (white) and oil will start to drip and it will continuously lube your chain through out the journey of your ride.

    Once reach destination, turn off the on/off valve (white) the oil will stop dripping.

    Maintenance:
    -------------
    Check the oil level in your syringe and top up when its about to get low, If the tubing become empty you will need to prime again
    Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750


    My Z750 DIY Page
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

    04 Z750 Specification
    http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

  38. #138
    S750WP
    has no status.
    TeePee S750WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    SGP
    Posts
    4,078
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by furious_88 View Post
    my very own DIY with 3 spliter.
    Open / close valve for oil.







    total damage $17
    Bro suggest you buy a regulator with a knob as shown in my picture to regulate the oil flow else you will see oil dripping profusely from your dripper when you turn on your on/off valve.

    Btw how much you paid for the on/off valve?
    Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750


    My Z750 DIY Page
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

    04 Z750 Specification
    http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

  39. #139
    ayoasti
    has no status.
    Class 2B ayoasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    cool thnx alot bro!
    will share soon enuf!
    Life's short, ride safe.

  40. #140
    furious_88
    Class 2R
    Class 2B furious_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Woodlander
    Posts
    235
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S750WP View Post
    Bro suggest you buy a regulator with a knob as shown in my picture to regulate the oil flow else you will see oil dripping profusely from your dripper when you turn on your on/off valve.

    Btw how much you paid for the on/off valve?
    this one no need as this can also control the flow too. very expensive as its very heavy duty can last for many many generations , it cost $13.50
    bought this bcos I don want to take any risk of oil leak as I am puting it under my seat for my GSR model.

    cant find the diamond water shop which you said, so ending up at the host shop
    1993- RD
    1994- RXZ
    1995- Hornet
    1997- GsxR
    1999- S4 verS
    2003- S4 spec II
    2009- Wave X
    2010- GSR400
    2011- NA


  41. #141
    ayoasti
    has no status.
    Class 2B ayoasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Improvised abit

    I improvised the container...
    instead of a mini bottle maybe u guys can use a used brake reservoir.

    Later used a bracket to tidy up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ayoasti; 07-10-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    Life's short, ride safe.

     

     
  42. #142
    furious_88
    Class 2R
    Class 2B furious_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Woodlander
    Posts
    235
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoasti View Post
    I improvised the container...
    instead of a mini bottle maybe u guys can use a used brake reservoir.

    Later used a bracket to tidy up.
    good idea, bro.
    1993- RD
    1994- RXZ
    1995- Hornet
    1997- GsxR
    1999- S4 verS
    2003- S4 spec II
    2009- Wave X
    2010- GSR400
    2011- NA


  43. #143
    ayoasti
    has no status.
    Class 2B ayoasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thnx bro hope if there's anyone else who have any bright ideas please do share.
    so everyone can benefit, can learn new things and lastly be satisfied with their work.

    gd luck!
    Life's short, ride safe.

  44. #144
    alvinyansg
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer alvinyansg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    7,321
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks for all the people who share info here
    mixed and matched the ideas
    here is the pics to my oiler

    this my my ver 1.0
    all cable tie
    Photo-0071.jpgPhoto-0069.jpgPhoto-0070.jpg

    this is my ver 2.0(working)
    added bracket and adjusted the length of the tubing
    Photo-0075.jpgPhoto-0076.jpgPhoto-0077.jpg

    will be doing some more changes
    plan to change to a bigger container and also to change the holding bracket of the container so that it can swivel to make topping up the oil easier


    Ride Safe
    Arrive
    ALIVE


    Bajaj Service & Spare Parts List #51601,Pg 1033

    SBT Members List #49950,Pg 999

    Pulsar Enhancement Info #39332,Pg787

  45. #145
    ayoasti
    has no status.
    Class 2B ayoasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    POWER lah bro! very nice!
    Life's short, ride safe.

  46. #146
    alvinyansg
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer alvinyansg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    7,321
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoasti View Post
    POWER lah bro! very nice!
    thanks man
    original idea was to replace the bracket to those bicycle rear light clamp
    cos can swivel around
    but after looking around found out that if i were to clamp to the same position, will be swiveling up and down instead of the left and right that i wanted
    so will be sticking to the bracket until i can find something that swivels to the direction i want
    will be looking at replacing the top metal valve with a rubber/plastic plug so if i need to top up oil i just need to remove the plug and insert the rubber tubing from my oil bottle into the hole to top up(won't be messy)
    also looking to insert a piece of wire into the container to slow down the flow of oil at the container outlet...


    Ride Safe
    Arrive
    ALIVE


    Bajaj Service & Spare Parts List #51601,Pg 1033

    SBT Members List #49950,Pg 999

    Pulsar Enhancement Info #39332,Pg787

  47. #147
    ayoasti
    has no status.
    Class 2B ayoasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alvinyansg View Post
    thanks man
    original idea was to replace the bracket to those bicycle rear light clamp
    cos can swivel around
    but after looking around found out that if i were to clamp to the same position, will be swiveling up and down instead of the left and right that i wanted
    so will be sticking to the bracket until i can find something that swivels to the direction i want
    will be looking at replacing the top metal valve with a rubber/plastic plug so if i need to top up oil i just need to remove the plug and insert the rubber tubing from my oil bottle into the hole to top up(won't be messy)
    also looking to insert a piece of wire into the container to slow down the flow of oil at the container outlet...
    that's a great idea too. btw where did u get ur on/off valve? went ard everywhere can find it....
    Life's short, ride safe.

  48. #148
    alvinyansg
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer alvinyansg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    7,321
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoasti View Post
    that's a great idea too. btw where did u get ur on/off valve? went ard everywhere can find it....
    the orange valve?
    got it at a aquarium shop in clementi
    the stretch of blk that S750WP suggested
    all my valves got it there


    Ride Safe
    Arrive
    ALIVE


    Bajaj Service & Spare Parts List #51601,Pg 1033

    SBT Members List #49950,Pg 999

    Pulsar Enhancement Info #39332,Pg787

  49. #149
    ayoasti
    has no status.
    Class 2B ayoasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alvinyansg View Post
    the orange valve?
    got it at a aquarium shop in clementi
    the stretch of blk that S750WP suggested
    all my valves got it there
    cool will go there soon. wana redo mine. great job bro!
    thnx again.
    Life's short, ride safe.

  50. #150
    alvinyansg
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer alvinyansg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    7,321
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    confirm my container have to get bigger one and also have to restrict the flow at the start
    very fast finish my lube...


    Ride Safe
    Arrive
    ALIVE


    Bajaj Service & Spare Parts List #51601,Pg 1033

    SBT Members List #49950,Pg 999

    Pulsar Enhancement Info #39332,Pg787

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •