L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrLau View Post
    The rear brake is always less "efficience" for few reasons :

1) During braking, the bike weight will shift to front. The rear brake has less effect.

Under hard braking, the effect is more obvious. Until a point that, the rear wheel will lift up and lost contact from tarmac.

2) Rear brake 'too' efficient will cause wheel lock.

Thats why most of the bike (even for cars) has bigger disc brake at front but small (single disc or drum brake) at the rear.
    Very well explained. Thanks even with my aftermarket hose(hel) + bleed n new brake pad(rear), the efficiency increase by a small %..

KnightDragon
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LXY View Post
    Did you just change new tyre and balancing of rim? If yes, then maybe the pad still remember the pattern of yr disc.
    Some time alittle misaligned of disc can cause the jerking effect during braking.
    I also facing this problem after new front tyre changed, before that is okie. What should i do now? Change brake pad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fadzhil
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys I need you advise... I just changed my front disc to arashi and also service my brakes and change the brake pads. Upon changing, I realized that there is this clicking sound at the right side of my front brake everytime I move off. Quite to explain it in words but anyone had similiar experience before? any recommendations on which workshop to go? I do not wanna go back to the shop first... I just need a second opinion...

HaiR1
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fadzhil View Post
    Hi guys I need you advise... I just changed my front disc to arashi and also service my brakes and change the brake pads. Upon changing, I realized that there is this clicking sound at the right side of my front brake everytime I move off. Quite to explain it in words but anyone had similiar experience before? any recommendations on which workshop to go? I do not wanna go back to the shop first... I just need a second opinion...

Very subjective eh.. Need to see your bike personally before can conclude

Dnt tell me your right side brake disc revert is loose

snowfox85
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys

just want to ask is it normal for new brake pads to screech while braking? need some time for it to run in? cos I just changed brake hose and brake pads. before the change was alright, but after change, while tapping on my rear brakes to slow down, will have the screeching sound.

I tried spinning the wheels manually and realise only a specific section will have this sound. if the brake pads are "more seasoned", will the sound go away or its just due to my disc rotor uneven surface?

having these questions in my mind, need some enlightenment. =)

stkoh78
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI guys ..

Today while inspection my front brake pads , i realized that one of pads (inner one) required a need for replacement real soon . The other 3 brake pads are still a relative new.

Each time when i change the front brake pads, the bike shop mechanic changed all 4 front pads . The other time when the mechanic changed the pads , the other 3 pads are still new. It looks like the brake system didn't use all brake pads equally during braking .

is it necessary to change all 4 pads ? Need advise

ticks
    is learning supermoto
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem u need sorting now is not just the pads. Those aren't the problem despite needing placement.

What's intriguing is why that particular pad is getting worn out way faster than the opposite side of the same caliper, and also the other caliper..

You can try to check if you have brake drag. This can be done by lifting up the front wheels (by some means) and rotating the wheel by hand or some similar methods.
    Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Tachnicolour
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stkoh78 View Post
    HI guys ..

Today while inspection my front brake pads , i realized that one of pads (inner one) required a need for replacement real soon . The other 3 brake pads are still a relative new.

Each time when i change the front brake pads, the bike shop mechanic changed all 4 front pads . The other time when the mechanic changed the pads , the other 3 pads are still new. It looks like the brake system didn't use all brake pads equally during braking .

is it necessary to change all 4 pads ? Need advise
    As ticks mentioned, check for brake drag. It could be a case of the pistons not retracting properly. Could be the pistons have gunk build up which is preventing it from retracting properly. The square caliper seals deflect when you brake and the piston moves out. When the brakes are released, the seals recover and pull the piston back ever so slightly. If there's too much junk between piston / exterior part of caliper bore, can prevent the seals from pulling the piston back. Deformed pistons can have the same effect, but.......I imagine it'd be kinda hard for that to happen. Usually a caliper rebuild will do the trick. Just replace the seals and clean the pistons/bores.

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

service your brake pistons
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

exwhyzee
    doesnt need a status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A piece of Brembo 16mm Brake Master Cylinder for sale!
    -brembo brake master cylinder (+lever +mirror mount +evotech bolts) bought for $300++
    -rizoma brake reservoir [retail price $170]
    -rizoma bracket [retail price $75]

Dekit frm my super4...will sell the whole damn thing for S$300!!!

leave a PM or watsapp/sms me at 9two3five400one

Attachment 320298 Attachment 320299
    '97 CB400 F3V (NC31)

manoraaju
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Electronics

Quote Originally Posted by fadzhil View Post
    Lol. I think i know what is it. Its the relay 'click' sound of ur brake. Front brake lever is to the right and when u squeeze them, the electro-mechanical relay closes and the brake light is on. When u release, the relay releases as well with a click sound and the brake light is off. Electronics dude! Haha

HaiR1
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manoraaju View Post
    Lol. I think i know what is it. Its the relay 'click' sound of ur brake. Front brake lever is to the right and when u squeeze them, the electro-mechanical relay closes and the brake light is on. When u release, the relay releases as well with a click sound and the brake light is off. Electronics dude! Haha

Its brake switch dude

Hayabusa Sniper
    Deviily Angel
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which brand of front brake disc rotor do you guys recommend to change for a spec 3 when the stock disc rotor is uneven and worn off? Where and how much to change it?

Know The Rules Before You Play The Game,
    Beat It If You Can't Afford To Lose.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678