paiseh
    is back to DIY-ing
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i tot of a solution already. whenever i ride, i shall turn my oiler bottle the other way round to stop the oil from driping. i like the knob rather den the metal valve sounds troublesome? heck! for $5 wat more do i ask for?
    No more regrets.

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great setup...

But here's what I feel... if you placed the Dripper at the top, most (if not all the oil) will fling off at the front sprocket. Imagine the chain is travelling at a constant speed... At the rear end, the radius is bigger so the throwing power is lower.. at the front end, the diameter is much smaller the throwing force will be much much higher.

try imagaine again if you travelling at 90Km/hr coming to a gentle bend, you have no problem negotiating through maybe can accelerate some more... But will you do a 90degree turn at 90km/hrs?

As the Front sprock's Diameter is smaller the Centrifugal force is higher than the rear. Try to take a look, after a ride and see whether Oil is dripping at the front sprock. Placing the oiler below will ensure the oil will be able to lube the rear Sprocks. Spin off will be lesser compare to the front, any balance oil will be finally spin off at the front sprocks.

No doubt a good setup... with double applicator... Can I Copy and Mod abit and mount it under neath?
    91-92: 84 Yam LC125
    95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW
    97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400
    01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE
    04-11: 99 Suz SV650S
    05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE
    06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan
    11-12: 02 BMW F650GS
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

paiseh
    is back to DIY-ing
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried putting it below but it seems to be difficult.. hmm.. first time trying..
    haha

will improve it again tmr i hope.

thanks! i took ur idea at first..

den when i walked past a fish shop today.. suddenly just went in and buy those stuff and do
    No more regrets.

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I find that it will be more effective mounting it below...

When you lube the top, before the oil can flow down and lube the chain underside, it got fling off at the front sprock... Oiling below section will allow the oil to lube the interior section and while at the rear sprocks, the C.Force will force the oil to flow outward to the exterior (lubing what ever is in it's way) before the fling off.

so Follow what Scott oiler do, can never be wrong with proven successful marketed product.
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

fooz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat limsteel says make sense..
    u gota lube it frm the bottom...

perhaps can follow scotttoiler mtd of application.
    they drip frm the bottom part of the sprocket near the teeth, den to the chain. centrifugal force will allow it to flow frm the inside to the ouside.

u can add a metal wire inside the tube to give it more shape, so u can drip it aniwhr ...

for me, my sprocket is not flat , it has a ridge , thus, i cant use the "drip-on-sprocket" mtd. i have to drip it on the chain just before it comes into contact with the teeth.
    FOR SALE (PM for more details)
    -inline hockey guards,stick, gloves,pants
    -ipod shuffle, 1GB, red, limited edition

nE0
    nE0
    has no status.
    Edit

I think it would be more efficient to drip the oil onto the sprocket directly, and let centrifugal force do the rest. Dripping oil onto the chain would work at very low speeds only, at higher speeds I'd imagine most of the oil will just crash into the very high speed moving chain and just fling off..

paiseh
    is back to DIY-ing
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, let me tink tink a bit...
    No more regrets.

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by nE0@Dec 22 2005, 01:56 PM
    I think it would be more efficient to drip the oil onto the sprocket directly, and let centrifugal force do the rest. Dripping oil onto the chain would work at very low speeds only, at higher speeds I'd imagine most of the oil will just crash into the very high speed moving chain and just fling off..
    Yes, my applicator is rubbing against the sproket until it fell off uring the pass week. I had to adjust it to drip directly onto my chain before the rear sprock.

Since the small tube fell off, the oiler is still working... I had to clean my swing arm after coming a week as the oil (fling out) is slowly flowing out of the chain guard to the swing arm.
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

lindavw
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

direct the dripper straight to the sprocket better. if u direct it to the rear sprocket between the chain, surely one day will drop off cos the chain is clack whenever we change gear it tightens abit so making the gap smaller n ezier for the dripper to get hooked n pulled away.
    Life Is Never Fair.

Some pple slog for the paper in their wallet.
    Some slog to feed the paper to the pple w/o the wallet.

S750WP
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dual applicator touches each side of the sprocket, Loobman concept, the oil glide from the applicator to the sprocket and the oil migrate to the chain by C-force. The applicator is on my bike for more than a year and it never fling off.

Also there is minimum oil fling to the rim.

Current Ride - 2004 Kawasaki Z750

My Z750 DIY Page
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

04 Z750 Specification
    http://jarlef.no/Kawasaki/PDF/2004/PDFfiles/z750PDF04.pdf

S750WP
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My next project is to use a on/off valve and regulator to replace the squeeze bottle so I will be able to on/off the flow with a flick and regulate the oil flow to the dual applicator.

My Z750 DIY Page
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/361701-2004-Kawasaki-Z750-DIY-Guide

04 Z750 Specification

kimderson
    kimderson
    has no status.
    Edit

Originally posted by S750WP@Dec 22 2005, 09:50 PM
    My next project is to use a on/off valve and regulator to replace the squeeze bottle so I will be able to on/off the flow with a flick and regulate the oil flow to the dual applicator.
    hahaha this is what i'm doing now.
    Doing some testing before mounting it on the bike .hehehe

S750WP
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kimderson@Dec 24 2005, 01:53 AM
    hahaha this is what i'm doing now.
    Doing some testing before mounting it on the bike .hehehe
    Testing phase completed, already installed on my bike now. Similar to scott oiler, needs to prime the system first, fill the empty dispensary line with oil, then turn on the valve manually for the oil to flow when riding, after ride just off the valve.

My Z750 DIY Page

04 Z750 Specification

kimderson
    kimderson
    has no status.
    Edit

Originally posted by S750WP@Dec 25 2005, 09:02 AM
    Testing phase completed, already installed on my bike now. Similar to scott oiler, needs to prime the system first, fill the empty dispensary line with oil, then turn on the valve manually for the oil to flow when riding, after ride just off the valve.
    now still searching for copper pipe O.D 2mm & I.D 1mm to be fix in the hose.

rankief
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone wanna do one for me??
    i know nuts abt it
    ---------------------------------------------------
    FU6068J KRR
    FL1135D GSX 400
    FW1344J S4 vtec2
    SGK858B Savvy
    SGX6***R Vios

Mark Ng
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was just thinking, did anybody tried this method before? for the oil to the sprocket, instead of cable ties, maybe get something like 'thick paper clips' then install on to both side of sprocket? & the Bottle to contain is to be made of hard material, not those soft plastic, something like those hard plastic small 'medication bottles'...

sorry for the 'chin chai' drawing. and my lousy explanation.

please take a look at the attachment.

S750WP
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Mark Ng@Dec 25 2005, 01:34 PM
    i was just thinking, did anybody tried this method before? for the oil to the sprocket, instead of cable ties, maybe get something like 'thick paper clips' then install on to both side of sprocket? & the Bottle to contain is to be made of hard material, not those soft plastic, something like those hard plastic small 'medication bottles'...

sorry for the 'chin chai' drawing. and my lousy explanation.

please take a look at the attachment.

I use a syringe for my oil bottle, the biggest which I can buy at pharmacy. I install a regulator, pneumatic type not the aquarium type because its far more better and reliable, at the oil delivery side.

The reason I regulate the oil flow at the delivery side, instead of regulating the air into the air tight syringe to control the oil flow, so that when I open the syringe to refill the oil, the oil at the delivery will not gush out and make a mess.

I remove the syringe plunger and replace it with a cap, test for air tight, by filling the syringe with water then leave overnight to see if water will leak out.

Then I drill a hole on the cap and install a adpator and connect a hose to a on/off hand valve, pneumatic type for reliability, again test for air tight with the hand valve turn off.

To prime the delivery tube, I fully open the regulator and turn on the hand valve. The oil will start to flow out very quickly to the applicator (using cable ties) and to the sprocket. Then I off the hand valve, oil flow will stop, you can see the delivery tube filled up with oil but it will not drip out.

After that I fully close the regulator and turn on the hand valve and slowly regulate the oil to the sprockets. Once its done I set the lock nut on the regulator.

When riding, just open the hand valve, regulated oil will start flowing immediately to the sprocket and chain, without need to wait for the oil to travel to reach the end of delivery tube. It work just like scottoiler. After ride just off the valve and oil will stop flowing.

Cost to built is higher because of the pneumatic parts, but then its more reliable. As you wont want to risk a faulty regulator or valve which result oil gushing out and spilling onto your tires.

I will review the set up and post a pic soon.

My Z750 DIY Page

04 Z750 Specification

Mark Ng
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by S750WP@Dec 25 2005, 04:08 PM
    I use a syringe for my oil bottle, the biggest which I can buy at pharmacy. I install a regulator, pneumatic type not the aquarium type because its far more better and reliable, at the oil delivery side.

The reason I regulate the oil flow at the delivery side, instead of regulating the air into the air tight syringe to control the oil flow, so that when I open the syringe to refill the oil, the oil at the delivery will not gush out and make a mess.

I remove the syringe plunger and replace it with a cap, test for air tight, by filling the syringe with water then leave overnight to see if water will leak out.

Then I drill a hole on the cap and install a adpator and connect a hose to a on/off hand valve, pneumatic type for reliability, again test for air tight with the hand valve turn off.

To prime the delivery tube, I fully open the regulator and turn on the hand valve. The oil will start to flow out very quickly to the applicator (using cable ties) and to the sprocket. Then I off the hand valve, oil flow will stop, you can see the delivery tube filled up with oil but it will not drip out.

After that I fully close the regulator and turn on the hand valve and slowly regulate the oil to the sprockets. Once its done I set the lock nut on the regulator.

When riding, just open the hand valve, regulated oil will start flowing immediately to the sprocket and chain, without need to wait for the oil to travel to reach the end of delivery tube. It work just like scottoiler. After ride just off the valve and oil will stop flowing.

Cost to built is higher because of the pneumatic parts, but then its more reliable. As you wont want to risk a faulty regulator or valve which result oil gushing out and spilling onto your tires.

I will review the set up and post a pic soon.
    . . .

Very interesting. . . let me know when ya done ya...

S750WP
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Mark Ng@Dec 26 2005, 12:19 AM
    . . .

Very interesting. . . let me know when ya done ya...

Its already done, will post of the concept.

My Z750 DIY Page

04 Z750 Specification

ferst
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys.. thinkin of installin the rabbit oiler.. but eversince i saw this thread, im waitin for the results of ur custom oilers.. if the price is reasonable and it werx, i dun payin a lil to get it fixed on my bike.. so keep on your trials, and update the results k!

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, I started this thread to allow other to compare and use the idea here to DIY their own oiler.

So give it a try, Hands-on is about putting in your effort (that why it is call DUY)and saving $$$
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

paiseh
    is back to DIY-ing
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Limsteel@Dec 28 2005, 03:56 PM
    Dude, I started this thread to allow other to compare and use the idea here to DIY their own oiler.

So give it a try, Hands-on is about putting in your effort (that why it is call DUY)and saving $$$
    i got the whole idea from u DIY
    No more regrets.

S750WP
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the review of the oil dispenser which I done recently with a hand valve mounted on the handle bar to control the on/off of oil drip.

There is a flaw, the oil will continue to drip for a while even after the valve is off. Because when the hand valve is turn on air will enter the air tight syringe, there will be air trap in the long tubing from the handle bar to the syringe even when the hand valve is turn off.

The drip will continue until when air is fully drawn out from the syringe and vacuum is created to hold back the oil.

I'm going to remove this set up and put the hand valve below the syringe and behind the regulator.

Initial set up
    Hand valve =>> Air tubing =>>Syringe =>> regulator =>> oil tubing =>> applicator

Advantage: Can control on/off remotely
    Disadvantage: small puddle of oil under the chain the next day.

Next set up
    Air tubing =>>Syringe =>> hand valve=>> regulator =>> oil tubing =>> applicator

Advantage: On/off is immediate
    Disadvantage: Cumbersome, remote control not possible unless on/off valve change to pneumatic control or electrical whereby higher cost will be incurred.

My Z750 DIY Page

04 Z750 Specification

ferst
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Limsteel@Dec 28 2005, 03:56 PM

dude.. not everyone has the technical knowledge of doing DIY..

if everyone did, everyone in the technical line, be it engineers, mechs, even inventors will have no rice bowl..

here is where consumers come in..

lindavw
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My oiler is currently using a regulator n a on/off switch like s750wp has written on top.
    If the delivery oil tube is fitted wif oil and the end of the tube is fitted wif cable ties tip to direct it to the sprocket, the oil will slowly drip out of the tube until no oil is inside.The only way for it not to drip when there is nothing at the end of the tube. meaning the end of the tube is juz hanging there... but this way causes alot of flings.
    I will try to show u guy my concept asap as it is raining these day n lazy to take picture.

S750wp - those regulators are tough materials at high speed they can damage ur chain so on maybe u 1 2 consider putting the dual-dripper further away from the sprocket? juz a suggestion.
    Life Is Never Fair.

S750WP
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by lindavw@Dec 29 2005, 04:12 PM
    My oiler is currently using a regulator n a on/off switch like s750wp has written on top.
    If the delivery oil tube is fitted wif oil and the end of the tube is fitted wif cable ties tip to direct it to the sprocket, the oil will slowly drip out of the tube until no oil is inside.The only way for it not to drip when there is nothing at the end of the tube. meaning the end of the tube is juz hanging there... but this way causes alot of flings.
    I will try to show u guy my concept asap as it is raining these day n lazy to take picture.

S750wp - those regulators are tough materials at high speed they can damage ur chain so on maybe u 1 2 consider putting the dual-dripper further away from the sprocket? juz a suggestion.
    I checked my DIY chain oiler, its working, the small oil puddle which is on the floor is caused by the residue oil on the cable tie and the sprocket.

To solve the problem either I will have to use scott oiler type of dripper, because the dripper distance is closer to the chain as compare to my current dual applicator. Or I can off the oiler earlier.

I chose the later because I like the current applicator as it oil both side of the chain, and there is minum oil flings, even at high speed, because oil is migrate from the sprocets to the chain by centrifugal force.

Set up
    On/off hand valve =>> Air tubing =>> Syringe =>> Regulator =>> Oil tubing=>> Applicator

Legend
    On/off hand valve mounted on left switch
    Air tubing is 6mm O.D clear tubing
    Syringe is air tight to hold engine oil to lube chain
    Oil tubing is 4mm O.D clear tubing
    Regulator, 4mm ID, to regulate oil to the applicator
    Applicator is Union, 4mm ID with cable tie at both end to bring engine oil to the sprockets

Thoery of operation
    Hand valve close ==> oil in air tight syringe will not flow
    Hand valve open ==> oil will flow as syringe is no longer air tight.

Advantage
    Oil flow can be on/off with remote hand valve.

P/S: The dual dripper is not regulator and its on the bike for almost 2 years without any problem. And the oil will not drip till the oil delivery tube is empty, in fact the oil stay in the tubing just like scott oiler.

For my case the oil will hold at the 2 opening at the applicator when I off the hand valve, but oil on the cable tie and sprockets will continue to flow down.

I will post the pic soon.

My Z750 DIY Page

04 Z750 Specification

lindavw
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ya i got what u mean.
    i was trying to say if at high speed the dual dripper touches ur chain it may damage ur chain n end up ...........
    my oiler is using on/off switch but from what i experience, if ur opening of the dripper got things that attach to the inner tube, when u off, still got oil will drip out.
    Life Is Never Fair.

chris 525
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A new set of sprokets and chain costs $100-$200 depending upon bike and quality of
    chains/sprokets used.

The oiler makes these last maybe 4 times longer than usual.
    The oiler can recycle the old engine oil, and does not use aerosols
    Aerosols use gas that are harmful to the environmenrt.

The DIY oiler (made from recycled bits and pieces) for less than $20 is definitly environmentally friendly.

Some people like to DIY, even if the same thing can be bought.

So Moderators, could you make this a Sticky.
    Current FAZER600-Naked

S750WP
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final Set up
    Regulator =>> On/off hand valve =>> Air tubing =>> Syringe =>> Oil tubing=>> Applicator

The design of the pneumatic regulator is such that when its regulating, there will be air leaking through it, causing the oil to continue to drip even I close the hand valve.

I locate the regulator before the hand valve, to regulate the air into the air tight syringe to control the oil drip. So when I off the on/off valve the oil drip will stop immediately.

My Z750 DIY Page

04 Z750 Specification

lindavw
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe u can show us ur syringe thingy???
    cos my oil reservoir is oso air-tight but when i off the valve will still drip. so my style is like rabbit oil, but got on/off switch. on for 2-10 mins then off it ride off...
    Life Is Never Fair.

Blues
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S750WP, got pix? Only have the pix of the applicator. Can post more pix ofthe various parts?

I will take it your final setup have both the regulator and on/off valve at the left handle bar?

Cos I am trying hard to imagine....

And where can i get the pneumatic type of regulator and on/off valve?

Regulator =>> On/Off HandValve =>> AirTubing =>> Syringe =>> OilTubing=>> DualApplicator

Abacus
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by paiseh@Dec 28 2005, 04:58 PM
    i got the whole idea from u DIY
    May I know where you park your bike in NTU ? i wish to take a look.
    I am learning how to DIY chain oiler

Thks.

paiseh
    is back to DIY-ing
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Abacus@Jan 6 2006, 11:37 AM
    May I know where you park your bike in NTU ? i wish to take a look.
    I am learning how to DIY chain oiler

Thks.
    i often change carparks to park. most of the time nanyang audit or N3
    No more regrets.

lindavw
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i park at N3...but thissem i on IA so wun be there but tomolo going back for briefing... still park at n3
    Life Is Never Fair.

fooz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been using the DIY oiler for a few mths.
    result is pretty gd. chain is still wet.
    but onli grouse is tt it will leak frm the cable tie which i secure the tube on my swingarm. so it will result on stains on the flr. this is the case even when i switch off the valve.

anione has the same prob? how did u rectify it?

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you secure it? I don't have that problem. I point my outlet to the chain... so after switching off, a few more drops will drip onto the chain and then it will stop...

Only when times I forgot to off the tap, I will have a pool of oil

Now experimenting with Dual Oiler using Aquarium AirPump Y joint and Wd40 applicator... Will pose once successfully done...
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

fooz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the valve is on my bikeframe, juz below the lefside of the seat. almost vertical position.
    den the tube leads along the swingarm den to the sprocket.

hmm.. unless the valve itself is leaking.

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it just might be your flow rate... I use to have this problem when my oil flow is too high....

More oil will fling off the front sprocks and later drip down from the sprockets guard. reduce your flow further... (since you mentioned that your sprocks are wet) Previously, I can even see oil dripping off my Chain guard. After I reduced oil flow via Dual valve setup, oil dripping is rare maybe occassionally...
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

mnemonic
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone mind doing the oiler for me???I'll pay.My DIY skills sucks.I really need an oiler.Chris525 is away.Please msg me if anyone is willing to help

I just broke my record for JB-KL timing

victor_03
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by S750WP@Dec 22 2005, 09:42 PM
    My dual applicator touches each side of the sprocket, Loobman concept, the oil glide from the applicator to the sprocket and the oil migrate to the chain by C-force. The applicator is on my bike for more than a year and it never fling off.

Also there is minimum oil fling to the rim.

Hi, S750WP

where can i buy the applicator as shown in the diagram? Thanks.

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently doing a Dual oiler... Using a Y connector (fish tank stuff again) and a WD40 tube, I put them togther and seal them with Epoxy. (as show in pic)

Later I will cut the mid section and using a solder iron form a nice angle inwards... that's where the sprockets will go.

/ \ Tube bent inwards
    Y the oil line Y Splitter...

Next using the Cloth Hanger that I have cut, I will bend something out like S750WP oiler to secure at Swing Arm...

Standby for more pic next few days... busy will DIY Knight Rider Chase light...
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

S750WP
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by victor_03@Feb 7 2006, 11:31 PM
    Hi, S750WP

where can i buy the applicator as shown in the diagram? Thanks.
    The connector can be bought at the shop opp. the screw shop behind Lim Ah Boy.

My Z750 DIY Page

04 Z750 Specification

victor_03
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a problem in my oiler. Not sure if u guys face it too.

For example:
    Let name the tube/hose before the regulator(those green valve for air in fish tank) as Tube A, and the tube after the regulator as Tube B.

After I have squeeze the oil from the bottle, it take a long time to transfer the oil from Tube A to Tube B. I guess that the regulator affect the transfer rate from A to B, and the dripping rate at the applicator too.

How do u guys solve it? Is it possible to start the dripping at applicator once we squeeze the bottle? Thanks.

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, what kind of oiler you doing? Mine is gravity no need to pless bottle... Is your's similar to Paiseh's?

Anyway the regular (fishy thing) you can loosen a tiny bit inorder for the oil to flow faster. (a small action on the knob will have big oily effect... So tiny action will do&#33
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

victor_03
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Limsteel@Feb 8 2006, 02:37 PM
    First, what kind of oiler you doing? Mine is gravity no need to pless bottle... Is your's similar to Paiseh's?

Anyway the regular (fishy thing) you can loosen a tiny bit inorder for the oil to flow faster. (a small action on the knob will have big oily effect... So tiny action will do&#33
    mine is something like rabbit oiler. That means there is no oil in the tube before regulator, only when the bottle is squeezed, the oil will flow to the tube.

Let me list the differences, see if i am correct

Rabbit oiler
    1. Squeeze the bottle, then oil will start to flow through the tube
    2. No need to adjust the valve

Limsteel Gravity oiler
    1. There is always oil in the tube before regulator
    2. No need to squeeze, just on the valve to start oiling

I think Limsteel method faster, as there is no need to wait for the oil to flow from bottle to regulator. But if forget to off the valve,

hope my understanding is correct.

P-Plate TZR
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ani new pic?? btw the tube bought at fish shop is too big liao ani wher sellin smaller one???

YaMaHa TzR 125cc............ 2002-2004
    hOnDa WAvE 125cc........... 2004-2005
    HoNdA HyPeR V-TeC1 CB 400..... 2005-?????

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by P-Plate TZR@Feb 18 2006, 01:32 AM
    ani new pic?? btw the tube bought at fish shop is too big liao ani wher sellin smaller one???
    if you get smaller tube, then everything else have to be smaller to. You will have more problem finding these stuff...

Fish stuff is readily available at Fish Shop and cost really low... Valves, connector, cost 10c, 50c... smaller ones will cost?
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

P-Plate TZR
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi limsteel, currenli i do my oiler.. i got abottle drill a hole at the bottom then put in the connector.. then tube 2 on/off valve then to adjuster then to chian. is tis alrite?? do i haf 2 open another hole ontop 2 let air enter???

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be better to have a breather hole, if your container is air tight, else the oil won't flow... Again goto the fish shop and get a checkValve (anti reverse flow). Drill a hole on top and Silicon (epoxy) the chekvalve to the hole.

The Check valve will allow air to go in and if incase the container fall over, the check valve will stop the oil from flowing out...

I have 2 valve, one regulator Hidden (oil flow control) and the other On/Off ball valve, both are Aquarium stuff...
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

P-Plate TZR
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok.. thankx.. ani pic 2 show mi the valve n adjuster??
    tink i bought the wrong one...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast